Throwing a 21st Birthday Party
Life Stages

7 Tips On How To Survive Planning Your BFF's 21st Birthday

Yes, she is finally legal, but now it is time to get creative!

179
Libbi Farrow

I personally never really understood how 21st birthdays worked away from home and here at The University of Alabama, everyone goes ALL OUT. From the dinners to the partying the evening just goes on for what seems like days. One of my BFFs turned 21 so I decided to document my journey and compile just what we did. Some tips and steps to properly celebrate your bestie's birthday

MD's Gas Station

Libbi Farrow

As a tradition that most students at UA do they make sure they are in the parking lot of MD's so once the clock strikes midnight, they blast good jams and make the birthday girl feel special while you "ice" her in the parking lot.

Party 

OF COURSE you will be throwing your girl a birthday party like she is turning 12, this time with a different type of punch and lots of music and pictures are being taken along the way.

J.D.'s Market and Spirits

J.D.'s

If you didn't know this J.D.'s gives you a t-shirt when you purchase alcohol on your 21st birthday. So you are going to take her to J.D.'s and let her get a t-shirt along with a drink to go. Us college students love free stuff so add another t-shirt to your wardrobe.

Guests

adactio / Flickr

You want the birthday girl to feel absolutely amazing so what do you do, you invite every person she has ever spoken to. The guy she ran into at the bar last weekend, he's there. Oh, and the girl in her EN 205 class that she borrowed a pencil from, she's coming.

Backdrop

Lily Newbern

Backdrops are KEY for these Instagrams. They must be festive as well as celebratory because you will be seeing this backdrop more than a few times on the gram. Each and every one is unique and means a lot to the birthday girl including the color scheme.

Cake

Taryn Leighton

Typically you enjoy a nice classy cake, but this year is different. The cake must include alcohol as well as icing or anything that would be a mess since this is what the birthday girl aims to devour after her evening out.

21 Sign

Libbi Farrow

The 21 sign is a very unique custom here at the University of Alabama. When a girl turns 21 she proudly wears a sign that represents herself as she celebrates. From their favorite alcohol to their pets there is such a variety and lots of glitter added to it as well!

Now that you have thrown your BFF her 21st birthday party you can gracefully sit back and watch the fun unfold. It is truly enjoyable throwing your BFF an amazing birthday as it is having your own as well!