Three Toxic Wishes

Three Toxic Wishes

Here's a story for all the fools in love.

83
Three Toxic Wishes

There's a few things you need to know before we start.

You only have three wishes, and you cannot wish for unlimited wishes. You cannot wish for someone to fall in love. You cannot wish for someone to die.

But this man, this man who tugs at your soul. You ache for his touch. This man doesn't love you, but you are willing to drag yourself through hell for him. You want so badly for him to love you back.

Your first wish is to become a goddess. You emit a beauty so bright that the sun cries and the stars die to be born again in your light. You move the oceans between his fingers and have the mountains waltz around him. But not even this much beauty and power can make him fall for you. He still doesn't love you.

You cannot wish for someone to die, so you erase him yourself. If you can't have him, no one else can. You're at the bottom of the staircase, crying and yelling. Your second wish is for forgiveness of your sins.

You are a sinner. You are a god. You are the ultimate paradox. You have one wish left. You have the world, the cosmos, and all of humanity at your fingertips. You have this unbearable pain in your heavy heart that you wished would be lifted a long time ago when you wished for forgiveness. You learn no amount of wishing and praying can get rid of your sins.

You wish for a happy ending.

You wish for and ending in which you are at peace and his spirit is free. You dig deep into your chest and rip out the rest of the love you have left and bury it with him. You grow a garden above his corpse; his arms and legs grow roots, and white tulips consume him. You make it a sacred garden for angels to come rest because you know they will love him better than you ever could.

You learn to love yourself before you dare love anyone else. You find the cracked mirror and take one last look at yourself before you fall at the edge of the world to dissolve into the endless emptiness of space. You hope for your name to be in museums one day. You hope to be a golden legend, and you keep falling, and you never want to stop to hit rock bottom.

I think that's what love is all about.