Three Quotes To Help for The First Day Of Classes

Quotes to keep calm during the first day

431
Haikudeck.com

Classes have resumed for the fall semester and I have no idea where the time has gone. I'm halfway through my college education and I still do not know what I'm doing most of the time. How do I college?

This year, instead of having my midnight "I don't know my schedule" freak out, I looked for some quotes, wrote them in a small moleskin notebook and will carry it with me. I am not a planner by any means but I aim to change that. For the first time ever, I will be prepared accordingly for the first day challenges that life will inevitably throw my way. Since syllabus week does not exist at my university (it lasts for the first half of the class and then lead into the first lecture), preparation is necessary.

If you are feeling a bit anxious about the first few days going back to school, here are some quotes to keep in mind that might frame some positive self-talk:

1) "Say hello."

Some of you may do this already. I want to do this and I aim to do this year. I am an introvert by nature and the nerves I face sitting in a classroom in a new environment often prevent me from introducing myself and being more social. However, a smile or a simple hello can go a long way.

2) "If you're your authentic self, you have no competition."

On the first day, there are introductions.They usually consist of "name, hometown, major, and interesting fact about yourself." I remember subconsciously measuring my introduction against everyone else's, which was probably not something I should have done. There is no other you out there but you. There is no one else who will make the same introduction as you or write the same as you.

3) "Accomplishment will prove to be a journey, not a destination."

Life is never easy (as if no one has ever heard that before). If a class proves to be more challenging than you previously anticipated but is something you might genuinely enjoy, think on it before making a rash decision. Missteps and mistakes happen. Go into things with an open frame of mind. The knowledge and experience gained from the journey along the way to accomplishing whatever goal it is you have for yourself will long outlast the letter grade.