Three Musketeers And A Friday Night

Three Musketeers And A Friday Night

Nostalgic Movie Nights

12
Three Musketeers And  A Friday Night
co.design.com

I can remember Friday nights in November, and waiting for my mother to pick me up from my grandparents house. I can remember the smell of warm bread and butter, as we cut into baked yeast. I remember eyeing my grandfather as he ate his medium rare steak and always asking for some. I remember my grandmother saying "Girls your mom is here'" and running down the stairs to greet her. I remember sitting in the car driving to the nearest Wing Stop and rushing out of the car into the restaurant to order the hottest hot wings in the joint. I remember grabbing Kayla's hand and waving at my mother to let her know we were going next door to Blockbuster to pick out a movie, maybe a piece of candy or two, hopefully three. She didn't want to, but Kayla and I would bat our brown eyes, she would shake her head and say "One movie, but I'm picking." I remember as soon as she opened the door to our house, we would compete to see who could change into our pajamas the fastest and make it back downstairs careful not to miss the previews. I remember jumping on the couch with Kayla and my blanket leaving a spot for Mommy in the middle. I remember how much I took our quality time for granted, because college was too far away to even think about in my mind. But as I sit in my apartment, finishing up this article, and getting ready to start on a new one. A senior, with a bad case of nostalgia. All I could ever wish for, is another one of those nights.