Thoughts we Have When Walking Around Campus at Midnight

Or 1 am... or 2 am.....maybe 3 am.

37
Panoramio

We all have those days where we are out and about studying into the wee hours of the morning. Walking around campus during the twilight hour is always an interesting experience because you see a side of your campus that you don't usually see: maybe a building that looks fine in daylight looking super creepy or people doing super strange things. Here are thoughts we have when walking around campus at night:

1) Should I bother leaving?

Let's be honest, it's late, you have probably been studying for hours and are exhausted, and it is now 2:30 in the morning. Is it really worth walking back to your dorm or apartment? Should you just sleep in this now super comfortable chair and go to class in the morning? Probably not.

2) Do I look like these other zombified people?

Most people who are out studying this late usually look like death because they have not gotten enough sleep. Yes, you probably look like that too, but maybe a little more hopeful because you now get to go sleep, while these other people are still here stuDYING.

3) Should I detour on the way back?

Though you felt like you were going to fallover when you left, as that first breathe of fresh, night air hits, you have all the energy in the world. Should you grab food on the way back? Is it time to visit your favorite spot on campus? Can you run around like you don't care for a little bit? Chances are, you should probably just go home, but pizza never hurt anyone.

4) WHAT WAS THAT NOISE?

Usually, campuses are comparatively empty when it's 1 or 2 am. It can be a little freaky walking around at nighttime. Did you hear a twig snap? Was that the wind? Wait, where's that music coming from? All these noises, which seem fairly normal in the daylight, can be daunting in the nighttime.

5) Did I grab my charger?

You're almost home, and you suddenly realize that in your tiredness, you might have forgotten something vital. Chances are you probably didn't, but you panic until you have completely unpacked everything from your book bag. On the off chance that you did forget something, you probably won't be walking back at night. It can wait till the morning, right?