13 Thoughts Everyone Has On A Road Trip

13 Thoughts Everyone Has On A Road Trip

The order of events for ALL road trips, ever.

12

Road trips can be convenient because you have your car once you get to your destination and it might be cheaper than a plane ticket. However, whether it's worth it or not is a topic that is always up for debate.

This past year I've been on numerous road trips with friends. I'm on a road trip right now from Tallahassee, FL to Dallas, TX. (Why did I agree to be in a car for 13 hours? Let me know). I find it funny how every road trip, I go through the same thought process along the way.

1. I'm definitely going to leave by 8am! *leaves at 9:15am*

2. This is going to be so fun! I'm so excited to spend time with my friends!

3. *a few hours in* Are we there yet?

4. I'm hungry. Let's stop and get some food! *gets food* 

5. *30 minutes after food* Wow. I need to use the restroom, but don't want to say anything! 

6. *15 minutes later* Okay I HAVE to go to the bathroom. NOW. 

7. I know my gas tank is on "E" but I really don't want to stop. I'll go another 20 miles. Is doesn't actually mean my gas tank is empty. Right?

8. Are we there yet? We've got to be close!

9. This is getting really boring, really quickly. 

10. I don't want to play the "license plate game" anymore!

11. Somebody get me out of this car. 

12. I should have just bought the plane ticket. 

13. Seriously, are we there yet?

Don't get me wrong. I love going on trips with my friends and I would road trip every weekend if it was the only way I could travel! Also, you're crazy if you enjoy road trips.