Thoughts You Have During Finals Week

Thoughts You Have During Finals Week

Keep holding on...
8

Exhaustion reaches a whole new level thanks to the ever mounting stress loads and number of all nighters pulled.

Coffee is non-negotiable. No lie, I had seven cups today.

Naps are a nice thought, but with so many other things on your to do list, they don’t always happen.

When you do your “final review” before stop day, and you question if you’ve really been taking this class all semester. The best part is when you open up the review study guide, and you don’t recognize anything.

Diet? What diet? Who wants salads and pressed juices when you’re this stressed? Bring on the pizza, nachos, and dr. pepper!

Your workouts fall by the way side thanks to that ever present thing called EXHAUSTION. If I run on the treadmill, I can guarantee that I’ll fall asleep and face plant.

Again, we’re all just walking zombies- sleep deprived, irritable, and high strung. Don’t mess with us. We’ll probably either fall asleep or punch you.

Walking into the final like:

No matter how much we prepare, the nerves are always there, along with the thoughts of, “What if I fail? What if this class puts me behind and it messes up all of my college plans? What if I never graduate, all because I failed this one test?”

Just remember, that at the end of the day, your final grades do not define who you are as a person. You are more than your term paper or your final exam. So much emphasis is put on “finals week” and how we have to succeed as a college student. On the contrary, I’m here to tell you that no class or professor is going to tell me that my worth is based off of a letter grade. At the end of the day, I’ll study my ass off, know those flash cards like the back of my hand, say a prayer, and put the rest in God’s hands.

So fellow students, good luck and god bless.

Just a girl trying to survive another finals week