Thoughts From An Incoming College Freshman

So many questions, so little time
12

6 days. That's how many days I have left until I take on the greatest adventure life has to offer. But with only 6 days left there is still so much to do. So as I continue to procrastinate the various tasks left, here are a few thoughts running through an incoming college students mind.

1. What do I bring?

Going into your first year of college you literally have no idea what to bring. Yeah, your school may put a list on their website but you're still left looking at your sewing kit wondering if this is really necessary.

2. I have to share a bathroom? With people I don't know?

You also have to wear shower shoes everytime which is something I'm going to hate but I guess it's better than getting a nasty foot disease

3. Will my roommate and I get along?

This one is mainly for those who choose to go random, but there is still a chance that the roommate you chose ends up hating your guts...which is not fun for either of you

4. Freshmen Fifteen

You've heard just about everyone say it and if you're anything like me you've researched ways to avoid it. But at college, there are just so many options. How am I supposed to avoid it when they serve chocolate cake every day???

5. Will my classes be hard?

College is not the same as high school. I will admit that I slacked off in some classes in high school and I still ended up with an A. Will some of my college classes be the same way? How much homework will they give us? What about tests?? So many questions...

6. Parties

Every college has parties. I'm assuming they're completely different from high school because you have a bunch of 18-22 years olds together unsupervised (most likely). But like are they actually fun? It sounds like it but I guess I'll find out soon.

7. I have to actually take care of myself

All I'm going to say is that I'm going to struggle big time with this one.

8. Did I choose the right school?

I know I'm not the only one who was worried about this. It's normal to be nervous but if you are excited, even a little bit, you chose the right one for you.