33 Thoughts Every College Student Has In An 8:30 A.M. Class, If Their Brains Are Even Awake Yet

Our minds always wander, especially when we have to get up early.

629

No one wants to get up early and attend an 8:30 a.m. class. You’re tired, hungry, and just wanna be in bed a little bit longer cause you know you’ll be up for the rest of the day in classes. It’s a fate that no wants as a college student, but sometimes we have to accept it and push through the pain of going to this early morning class. But since we are so tired, our thoughts like to let loose and make us talk in our minds for a majority of the class time.

Here are some thoughts that we might experience:

1. It’s only 6? Time for a little more sleep.

2. It’s only 7? Time for a little more sleep.

3. It’s only 7:30? I could sleep for a few more minutes and I’ll be okay.

4. Why do alarms always ruin the best dreams?

5. No time for breakfast again!

6. Why did I want to take this class?! Was it for my major? Was it even a required class? Did my counselor set me up?

7. This school always smells so clean in the morning. Probably no one has come in here yet.

8. That student is literally smiling. Calm down, it’s not even 10:00 yet.

9. She said ‘good morning’ to me. Why talk to me? Why me? There are other people in this classroom right now.

10. Now she’s having a conversation with me. I have no idea what she is talking about.

11. She mentioned food! Now I’m craving food. Just my luck.

12. A teacher that is excited at this time of the day, I do not trust in the slightest.

13. Did I do the homework? I think I did...at like midnight, maybe.

14. A lecture again? Why can’t we watch a movie or just do our own work? Or let us go home so I can sleep?

15. Why is the teacher so passionate about this at 8:30 IN THE MORNING?! I get it. I’m passionate about things too, but not this early.

16. Oh! Got a text!

17. Everyone is taking notes. I should probably do that too.

18. Whoa, whoa! Slow down! Geez I can’t write as fast as you can talk.

19. That girl keeps asking questions and talking! Just stop it so that we can this over with.

20. I swear if you raise your hand again I’m gonna to...

21. I hope that no one heard that growl from my stomach.

22. Somebody looked at me! They know it was me! I feel so exposed.

23. Why did I decide to take this class?

24. It’s been only 30 minutes and we’re not even half way done with this powerpoint?!

25. I think my hand is going numb. If my hand falls off, does that mean I don’t have to pay student loans?

26. That girl keeps talking! Is this why you sat in the front? Go home.

27. We’re done?! Oh thank the— Oh, of course, there’s ANOTHER PowerPoint!

28. Stop growling, stomach! I know you’re hungry! You’re part of my body, so I know I’m starving without you reminding me of it!

29. It’s over?! It’s over! Yes!! Finally!

30. Nope! No one has any questions! Let’s get up and...

31. Why?! Why do you talk so much!! No one should like school as much as you do!

32. Can we go? Is she done talking?

33. We’re done? Finally! My favorite time of the day... leaving that class!

Take my advice: an 8:30 a.m. class should be the last class you take. If it’s mandatory, I’m sorry for you. If it’s not, then avoid it at all costs.