My Thoughts On All 55 Paramore Songs

My Thoughts On All 55 Paramore Songs

Can you tell Paramore is my favorite band?
2499

If there's one thing people should know about me, it's that my favorite band is Paramore. They've been my idols since 2009 when I was 11 years old and now almost seven and a half years later, they're still my everything. I've been with them through all the band drama, and nothing will ever diminish my love for them. As a huge Paramore fan, I thought I'd share my thoughts on each Paramore song.

1. "All We Know"

Ahhhh the first song you ever here on their first album "All We Know Is Falling". It's about Jeremy Davis temporarily leaving the band when the first album came out and it's just so emo. I still can't believe Hayley is only 16 on this record.

2. "Pressure"

EVERYONE KNEW THIS SONG FROM THE SIMS 2 IN 2006. Classic teen-angst song about stress and anxiety. Still such a jam. Classic music video where Paramore are in some warehouse and then all the sprinklers go off, idk man pop punk.

3. "Emergency"

What even is the music video? The fake blood and cuts on the band is so bad, it's so obvious that it's makeup. This song is about Hayley's parents getting divorced ("I've seen love die way too many times when it deserved to be alive") and honestly has such great lyrics from such a young band.

4. "Brighter"

WOW EMO TO THE EXTREMO. I would kill to hear this song live. It's so sad and the lyrics are so good but to this day I'm still not entirely sure what it's about. But no matter what, I will always be belting out "YOUUUUU SHINE BRIGHTER THAN ANYONEEEEE"

5. "Here We Go Again"

No offense but the outro that they play live for this song is better than the actual song. Classic AWKIF-era Paramore. Super catchy and fun but also filled with angst. Would it really be early-Paramore without lots of angst?

6. "Never Let This Go"

I could argue that every song on AWKIF is emo, but this is the most emo. I mean look at these lyrics: "maybe if my heart stops beating, it won't hurt this much" and "one day you'll get sick of saying that everything's alright"

7. "Whoa"

Literally just a song about the band playing shows and wanting the crowd to sing the words back. Baby Paramore was so pure. Paramore brought this song back into the setlist for a bit in 2013 and it was so cool to hear it be played again.

8. "Conspiracy"

EMO ALERT: This was the first song Paramore ever wrote as a band together. If I hear this live I might cry.

9. "Franklin"

A song about their hometown, Franklin, Tennessee. Very relatable lyrics. It basically talks about how when you leave home for the first time, coming back doesn't feel the same anymore. A lot of college freshmen can relate.

10. "My Heart"

The acoustic version on "The Final RIOT" is just as emo as the studio version. Josh Farro's screamo at the end is absolutely iconic. I was scared of this song when I first heard it because 11 year old me had never heard screamo before. "THIS HEART, IT BEATS, BEATS FOR ONLY YOU, MY HEART IS YOURSSSSS"

11. "For A Pessimist, I'm Pretty Optimistic"

Ahhh the opening track on Paramore's iconic 2007 sophomore album, "RIOT!". Your typical break up song. Super fun live. A great introduction to the masterpiece that is "RIOT!"

12. "That's What You Get"

Everyone's jam in 2008. Iconic. Such a chill and laid back pop punk jam. They still play it live, and even though I've seen Paramore 5 times, it's just as fun every single time.

13. "Hallelujah"

One of those emo songs Hayley writes about how amazing it is to be in a band. They also add in a little bit of Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" at the beginning when they play it live and it's incredible. Still have yet to hear this live, but it sounds amazing on their live CD "The Final RIOT!"

14. "Misery Business"

The essential Paramore song. Hayley isn't proud of these lyrics anymore because the song is basically slut-shaming someone but it was a huge hit for Paramore back in the day and you can't deny how catchy it is. My dream is to be pulled on stage at a show when they let a fan sing the bridge of the song.

15. "When It Rains"

One of my all-time favorites. It's about losing a friend to suicide and it's so sad. I was front row at a Paramore concert in 2013 (best day of my life) and Hayley had the piano pointed right at me during this song and I was an emo mess.

16. "Let The Flames Begin"

ICONIC. You have not lived until you've heard this live. The live version of LTFB is one of the heaviest things Paramore has ever done and the "Oh Father" outro shows off Hayley's incredible live vocals. Truly an experience.

17. "Miracle"

Probably the most underrated song on "RIOT!" I finally got to hear it live at the "Writing the Future Tour" in 2015 and it was incredible. I love the lyrics "I've gone for too long living like I'm not alive, so I'm gonna start over tonight beginning with you and I"

18. "Crushcrushcrush"

This was the first Paramore song I ever heard. The song that made me fall in love with them. It's a fun, pop punk love song. It's about having a crush on someone and wanting to be alone with them. All these years later and it never gets old.

19. "We Are Broken"

SAD. The big ballad song on "RIOT!". It's sad. Really sad. The version on "The Final RIOT!" is even sadder. "Give us life again cause we just wanna be whole".

20. "Fences"

Another under-appreciated song on "RIOT!". The bass and guitars on this are so jazzy and fun. Fun fact: Hayley wrote this while taking the SATs. It's basically talking about the fences you build around yourself when you get famous and that the paparazzi can't catch that you feel like you're dying. I guess Paramore knew they were meant to be a huge band one day.

21. "Born For This"

This song was meant to be played live. It's so fun and the song has a ton of crowd interaction when played live. I was absolutely shocked when they changed up their setlist when I saw them in 2014 on the Monumentour and they added "Born For This" in. I went with a friend who didn't know Paramore too well and he had no idea why I was freaking out over this song.

22. "Decode"

The iconic single from the "Twilight" soundtrack in 2008. Even though it was overplayed, this is one of Paramore's heaviest and best songs. Hayley can hit amazing notes in this song. I still love hearing it live even though it was a big hit.

23. "I Caught Myself"

The other song from the "Twilight" soundtrack that everyone seems to forget about. Arguably better than "Decode" in my opinion. It has one of Paramore's longest intros and it's just really calming.

24. "Careful"

And now we've made it to 2009. Paramore's third album, "Brand New Eyes". "Careful" is definitely one of my favorites on this album. Zac Farro's drumming on this song is probably his best work and now I'm so glad Zac is back in the band because we might be able to hear this live again with him on the drums. This also has some of my favorite Paramore lyrics like "the truth never set me free so I did it myself" and "open your eyes like I opened mine, it's only the real world, a life you will never know".

25. "Ignorance"

The iconic 'f you' song to your ex-best friend. This was the second Paramore song I ever heard and I probably played it too much for an 11 year old that hadn't experienced much drama yet. This song came out of Paramore's almost-break up in 2008 and how Hayley felt about her bandmates, especially ex-member Josh Farro.

26. "Playing God"

Another song about band drama!!!! "Brand New Eyes" is my favorite Paramore album but it's all about band drama hmmmm. More of my favorite Paramore lyrics on this song, such as "you say that I've been changing, that I'm not just simply aging" and "you don't deserve a point of view if the only thing you see is you".

27. "Brick By Boring Brick"

An amazing song about getting lost in fantasy and what you wish your life could be instead of actually fixing your messed up life. "You built up a world of magic because your real life is tragic". This song has always been relatable and continues to be one of my favorites.

28. "Turn It Off"

It's extremely hard for me to pick a favorite Paramore song, but "Turn It Off" is very high on my list. Some more of my favorite lyrics like, "I wanna know what it'd be like to find perfection in my pride, to see nothing in the light". Hayley also hits some incredible high notes in the bridge and I've yet to hear this masterpiece live.

29. "The Only Exception"

Ahhhh 2010's greatest love song. I got so sick of this song when I was 12 because I would be like "you're not a real fan if you only know 'The Only Exception' that's not real Paramore!!!!". Grow up, 2010 me. This is an incredible love song and ballad about doubting the existence of love until you find that special person. Really makes me hopeful about finding someone in my life.

30. "Feeling Sorry"

Another band drama song!!! Specifically about Josh Farro. There's so much angst in this song but it's also just a fun pop punk jam. "There's no need apologize, I've got no time for feeling sorry".

31. "Looking Up"

Wait, a happy song about the band on "Brand New Eyes"?? This song is about Paramore deciding not to break up ("I can't believe we almost hung it up") because what they have is too special. This song makes any Paramore fan emo because we all know all the crap this band has dealt with. Paramore aren't going anywhere because "we're just getting started".

32. "Where The Lines Overlap"

Another happy band song!!! "No one is as lucky as us". A really fun and upbeat song. The acoustic version is even better. A solid song.

33. "Misguided Ghosts"

Paramore's only completely acoustic song. Some more incredible lyrics on this song like "See, I'm trying to find my place but it might not be here where I feel safe" and "So now I'm told that this is life and pain is just a simple compromise". I've somehow gotten the privilege of hearing this live twice, once in 2010 and once in 2015. Another song very high on my favorite Paramore songs list.

34. "All I Wanted"

The song that will probably never be played live. Hayley hits the most incredible notes of her entire career on this track and the only time she's ever sung it was when it was recorded. She's too scared to sing it live because it will probably kill her voice. If Paramore ever does break up, the last song they ever play should be "All I Wanted" just to go out with a bang.

35. "Monster"

Paramore's first song released in 2011 after Josh and Zac Farro left the band late-2010. Paramore was determined to keep it going as a three-piece and before they recorded their fourth album, they released four songs throughout 2011 known as the "Singles Club". "Monster" is very clearly about Josh and it's full of angst but it's also an exciting song because it's our first taste at the post-Farro Paramore. It brings guitarist Taylor York more into the forefront as he began writing and also played the drums on the "Singles Club".

36. "Renegade"

"I'm a renegade, it's in my blood". Another taste at "new" Paramore but it still sounds like classic pop-punk angsty Paramore. When they used to play this live, Hayley would do an incredible a cappella intro to this song.

37. "Hello Cold World"

A great song about conflicting emotions and the struggles of being in your early 20s. Did I mention there's a bass solo??? They only played this a few times in 2012 and I wish I could hear it.

38. "In The Mourning"

An acoustic, Fleetwood Mac-inspired song about the Farro brothers leaving the band. It's super emotional with lyrics like "you were the greatest thing and now you're just a memory to let go of". When they play this song live, they play Fleetwood Mac's "Landslide" after and everybody cries.

39. "Fast In My Car"

And now we've finally reached Paramore's self-titled 2013 release. The iconic comeback album that proved Paramore could be successful without the Farro brothers (but now Jeremy is gone because he's a snake and Zac Farro is back so??). "Fast In My Car" opens up Paramore's whole new sound. Taylor York experimenting with lots of new things musically as he's now the main composer for the band. This is just a fun song about the new Paramore, not looking for any trouble and just wanting to have fun.

40. "Now"

The first single Paramore released a few months before the self-titled album came out. It was a big shock to hear but it felt fresh and new and I couldn't have been more excited for the self-titled era of Paramore. It's a super empowering song about picking yourself up after some hardship and looking toward the future.

41. "Grow Up"

"Some of us have to grow up sometimes and so if I have to I'm gonna leave you behind". Some of the most real and honest lyrics you will ever hear. Sometimes we grow up and we just gotta get those toxic people out of our lives.

42. "Daydreaming"

The first song Paramore wrote for this record and it's just an all around happy and hopeful song. "Daydreaming all the time and I'm all right"

43. "Interlude: Moving On"

Paramore have three little ukulele interludes on this record. They're short and sweet but pack a lot into them. This one is just about moving on from the Farro brothers drama and finally being at peace with it.

44. "Ain't It Fun"

This song got Paramore their first Grammy. It's an absolute jam with a funky bass line and it's all about living in the real world on your own. It ends with a fun gospel choir at the end. It's an all around fun song but still has a ton of meaning to it despite having tons of radio play.

45. "Part II"

Paramore wrote a sequel to "Let The Flames Begin" and let me tell you, everyone was SHOOK. One of the best songs on "RIOT!" now has a sequel with new and improved Paramore? They played LTFB and "Part II" back to back on the Monumentour and it was one of the most incredible things I've ever experienced. Also, if people want to say that Paramore are pop now because they heard "Still Into You" once on the radio, listen to "Part II", rock is very much alive.

46. "Last Hope"

Another one of Paramore's best songs lyrically. Someday I want to get the lyrics "it's not that I don't feel the pain, it's just I'm not afraid of hurting anymore" tattooed somewhere. This song means so much to me and I will never stop getting chills when I listen to it.

47. "Still Into You"

The iconic single from the album. This song is so cute because it's about Hayley and her now-husband Chad Gilbert (guitarist of New Found Glory). It's basically about how even though they've been together for so long, Hayley still feels just as in love with him as she did in the beginning of the relationship. Can you say #GOALS?

48. "Anklebiters"

The self-love anthem!!! "Fall in love with yourself because some day you're gonna be the only one you've got, why you wanna please the world and leave yourself to drop dead". This song is so important and really helped me out with typical teenage insecurities during high school.

49. "Interlude: Holiday"

Another ukulele interlude. Hayley's eating ramen.

50. "Proof"

Another catchy love song. Hayley's lyrics about Chad are always the cutest and this song is just a fun one to dance around to. "The only proof I need is you".

51. "Hate To See Your Heart Break"

Oh boy is this a sad song. What's even sadder is Hayley wrote this about guitarist and best friend Taylor York. It pains me to know that Taylor ever felt this sad. Some more incredible lyrics to help you through a tough time, "let the pain remind you hearts can heal".

52. "(One Of Those) Crazy Girls"

The weird, hypothetical crazy ex-girlfriend song? This song is so fun and the lyrics are a little silly and it's such a nice pick-me-up after the sadness that is "Hate To See Your Heart Break".

53. "Interlude: I'm Not Angry Anymore"

The last of the interludes. Another one about the Farro brothers. Basically Hayley accepting that she's over what happened and that it's not worth being angry over this for so long. My favorite part is when Hayley laughs in the middle of the song while she's singing.

54. "Be Alone"

Anthem for introverts. It's literally a song about sitting at home on the couch and watching TV on a Friday night while your friends go out and being completely okay with that. If that doesn't describe me, I don't know what does. They finally played this live in 2015 and it was so fun.

55. "Future"

Last, but definitely not least, we get to "Future". Paramore's nearly 8 minute masterpiece. It starts out as an acoustic song about how everything will be okay in the future and then it slowly fades into an incredible instrumental. Another song to check out if you thought Paramore is pop now because you've only heard "Still Into You". It's arguably one of the heaviest things Paramore has ever done. On the "Writing The Future Tour" in 2015 they finally played it live and I think I died and went to heaven. My life is complete, I've heard "Future" live.

I can't believe I've been writing for Odyssey since November and I haven't talked about Paramore yet. Well there you go, that was the very long run-down of my thoughts on every song. I didn't include b-sides and unreleased songs because that would take ten years. Paramore's fifth album will eventually be released this year and I could not be more excited.