Thoughtful Gifts that Won't Break the Bank

24

You've seen the memes "I want to buy great gifts for my friends and family, but I don't have enough money to give them what they deserve." Who says you can't give a quality gift without breaking the bank? Here are four general ideas for gifts to give your family, friends, and anyone else you love without putting a hole in your wallet.

1. Food

I bet you don't know one person who doesn't like food. Giving someone the gift of food is a great way to show your appreciation for them--and trust me, they'll appreciate you for it! Cook dinner, bake cookies, or make their favorite recipe.

2. Anything Homemade

Homemade gifts are the best type of gifts. Not only are they a cheaper option if you're low on funds, but they can also be made specifically with one person in mind. Hop on Pinterest and look up some cute ideas for things to make your family and friends and personalize them to each of your friends and family!

3. Anything with pictures

They say a picture's worth a thousand words, but they are also worth a thousand memories! When in doubt, head to CVS, Walmart, or anywhere else that prints pictures and print out a few. Stick them in a frame, make a collage, anything you want to do. You could also make a slideshow of your pictures and put a song that reminds you of the person you're giving it to in the background. They are sure to cherish it forever.

4. Love

Bottom line: your friends and family love you for you, not the gifts you give them. Just be honest with them and tell them you can't afford to buy everyone something. Being with them around the holidays is an extremely important part of the celebration. So give some hugs, help with dinner, or offer to help clean up. Doing any act of kindness or love will show them just how much you care.