Why I'm Thankful for My Long Term Friends

I love you guys.
Cat D
Cat D
208

You know those best friends who are there no matter what? It doesn't matter how long it's been since I've talked to them, or seen them, whenever we do finally meet up it's like we were just hanging out yesterday. These are those gems of friends who you need to hold on to and I am very thankful to have quite a few!

These friends are amazing because they may not live in your same city, but they know every detail about your life still. Honestly they might remember more about your life than you do at points! You could be retelling them a story on your 3 hour long phone call and they recall the shoes you had on in your story just from your Instagram. They're amazing.

These friends also somehow integrate with all of your new friends seamlessly. You two get along so why wouldn't they? They are never jealous of your new friends, they're happy to see their social butterfly of a friend making it out there in the world.

Speaking of making it out there in the world.. these are those big obnoxious sappy post makers whenever your birthday roles around or you get a job promotion. They're your biggest supporters! Maybe it's because they've known you so long and have seen your triumphs and tribulations to get to this point. Regardless, you do the same because the world needs to know how amazing your bestie is.

Most of the world does though, especially your family. These are the friends who used to come into your house Kimmy Gibbler style and can hang out with your family even when you aren't there. Your family treats them like their own, and your friend might actually call your mom, mom too. Weird but true.

These are the friends who when you are together and out, when you get food and they forgot their wallet you don't ask them to venmo you because you've lost all track of deals. You probably both are around even between the middle school line for ice cream or the matching halloween outfits.

Speaking of looking the same, sometimes, not all the time you end up looking the same even far apart. You both have the same taste in clothes, makeup, etc. Twinning, in a weird way. Once my best friends boyfriend thought his girlfriend has posted a picture with another guy but it was actually my post with me and and a plus one. Freaky!

What are the chances? Right?

Anyways, I know the chances of me staying friends with these amazing people. 100000% will be hanging out when we're 80 years old going through taco bell.