6 Truths All People Pleasers Need To Hear

206

Here's to the boys and girls out there who care about what people think, who hate to feel hated, and go out of their way to put everyone else's happiness before their own. We are all compassionate souls with a giving spirit, and no matter how much we try to deny it, we are people pleasers.

There's nothing wrong with being a people pleaser ... it just means you care a little more, love greater, and continually put others before yourself. However, being a people pleaser also means you are sensitive and can be easily hurt — that's why I want to let my fellow people pleasers in on some important truths.

Not everyone will like you.

A wise friend once reminded me, "You can be the tastiest orange in the world, but there will always be someone out there who just doesn't like oranges". Not everyone you meet will like you. Someone will get annoyed by you no matter who you are. Accept that you can't be liked by everyone.

Treat yourself the way you treat others.

This is completely opposite of the golden rule only because people pleasers have more trouble being respectful to themselves than to others. Don't forget to love yourself, and to spend as much time and energy at making yourself happy as you do for others. You won't be able to love others if you don't even know how to love yourself.

Even Beyonce has haters, and even Taylor Swift has been dumped.

No one is able to please everyone. Stop blaming yourself for people not liking you, and learn how fun life can be if you stop relying on everyone's opinion of you for self-worth. No one knows your heart, intentions, and compassion more than you. Stop caring about what others say.

Life is so much more fun if you love yourself.

If you stop letting others define your worth and define it yourself you will be 20 times more happy. Love who your Creator made you to be and not who others want you to be. You will live a more joyful life being you than who others want you to be.

Don't "dance like no one's watching"— dance like people are watching and you don't care what they think.

Be insane, dance in the rain, live life to the fullest, and never stop having fun because someone is watching you. Live your life to the fullest, not a life that only makes everyone else happy. You deserve more fun than that.

Stop letting people take advantage of you.

Don't let people ever walk on you and belittle you due to your kindness and giving spirit. Remember you can't make everything perfect in the world, and despite being able to multitask quite frequently, you are not superman. You can do your best, but never let someone take advantage of your kind heart. Be kind, but not dumb.

So to the people pleasers like myself out there — don't forget to love yourself. There is nothing wrong with caring about others but don't forget to love yourself as much as you love others. Don't find your worth in others' opinion of you. Be the person the Creator intended for you to be and I promise you will have more joy and fun than if you live your life caring about what each person thinks of you and trying to please others constantly. Because, newsflash: you can't please everyone, you won't always win, and life is too short.