I have molded into one of the very best versions of myself.
Life Stages

I Went Through My Freshman Year Photos And This Is What I Realized

I hope to never end this beautiful cycle of continuously become a better version of "me" and mold into an individual that the past "me" can be proud of.

50
https://unsplash.com/photos/qqd8APhaOg4

After trying for at least an hour or so to fall sleep, I found myself deep within Facebook, reflecting on my past four years in college. I came across my freshman year album and decided to go through each one of the photos, trying to remember what it was like to be the newbie on campus.

I went through your typical photos of the many, beautiful on-campus buildings and eventually came across my very first weekend out-and-about. It was so strange to see what my life was like then, and the many things that have changed in the short span of three years.

It finally hit me when I finally finished going through the entire album, just how great life has gotten since that point. Not to say that life was "bad" back then, because it certainly wasn't. However, I found that during the past three years, I have truly molded into one of the very best versions of myself.

I have realized that I have finally found my niche and have surrounded myself with the people who genuinely want the best for me. It's a beautiful thing to be able to look back and reflect on just how much you have grown, and what amazing things have come from certain not-so-great experiences.

We often get so caught up in our lives that we tend to forget to look back and see just how far we have come. One of the greatest aspects of life is to be able to reflect on the past and change for the better in the future. I hope to never end this beautiful cycle of continuously become a better version of "me" and mold into an individual that the past "me" can be proud of.