Inexpensive Saturday Family Outings
Life Stages

Inexpensive Family Activities for a Saturday

Karen Kajmowicz talks through some of the most inexpensive ways that you can spend a Saturday with your family.

6897

There is nothing more special than the entire family spending time together. Unfortunately, it is often very expensive to take everyone out for a fun excursion. A simple trip to the movie theater or bowling alley used to be a great way to spend a Saturday, but they now cost a family at least $50. While these expensive activities have to be saved for special occasions, you can still have fun with the family every weekend without blowing your budget. These are the four best inexpensive family activities for a Saturday.

Swimming Pool

There is no way to beat the heat of a hot day than by swimming. Almost everyone in the country lives within a short driving distance of a community swimming pool. The best thing about these pools is that they are often free for local citizens. If your hometown does not have its own pool, then it should only cost a few dollars to visit a pool in a neighboring town.

Visit the Park

If you want to enjoy the beautiful weather away from the pool, then you absolutely need to take the family to the local park. The kids will have a blast at the playground. The open space is also the perfect place to play a game of catch or sit down for a quiet picnic. All of this fun can be had without spending a dollar.

Board Game Night

Playing board games in the living room is the perfect Saturday activity if the weather is not cooperating or if everyone is too tired to go out. Since kids these days spend most of their free time on their phone, this is the perfect way to teach them about the games you played as a child. If you do not have any board games in the house, then you will be able to pick up a few cheap ones at the department store.

Community or Cultural Event

Whether you live in a small town or a large city, it should not be too hard to find a fun event in your area. These events usually offer free concerts, games and other activities. In addition to being a great way to have fun on a Saturday, they will also help expand your children's horizons.