This Is Me
Travel

This Is Me

A short and sweet intro to who I am!

60
Farah Stack

This article is a short and sweet opening to who I am. My name is Farah Stack. I was born in Greenwich, Connecticut on May 26, 1999. I moved to California when I was four years old, and grew up on the headlands of Point Dume in Malibu, California. I drove to school with the ocean right beside me every morning, and fell asleep to the sounds of waves crashing against the cliffs. I love to draw, paint, hike, bike, and swim. I was a division one collegiate swimmer in my first year of college at Loyola Marymount University.

One thing I would like to do more is travel. I have always wanted to go to Switzerland, Croatia, Alaska, India, and Nepal. I have been to the Eiffel tower in Paris, Lake Como in Bellagio, Lago di Como in Italy, the great Rocky Mountains of Colorado, and the cottage-specked countryside of England. In November of 2018, I lost my childhood home, and entire neighborhood in the Woolsey Fires. I dislike tomatoes and cucumbers. I wish people would stop polluting our oceans and cutting down our trees, and simply respect and take care of the world we live in. I wish people would go outside more, and stop looking at their phone constantly. Breathe in the fresh air, feel the grass, and smell the flowers. I wish we had a president who could show some respect to our country, and the beautiful immigrants, colored men and women, and other individuals who make up the United States of America.

One thing I wish I could be better at is painting. I paint mostly mountains, hills, and flowers. Many of my paintings are of places I have been before like the Flat Irons in Boulder, or the delicate rolling green emerald hills of the central coast and diamond blue waters California. I love to spend time with my friends, whether it's going to the park, or riding our bikes around the neighborhood, or baking cookies on rainy days—the best laughs are always with them.