This Is Goodbye

This Is Goodbye

Who knew the last goodbye would be the easiest?

16
WordPress

There are three different kinds of goodbyes. There is the goodbye you say when you really just mean “see you later”, there is the goodbye you say after a breakup or a fight that hurts like hell, but then there is the goodbye that comes months later when you realize it is really over. It is the goodbye that really marks the end. When you let go of the relationship or the friendship, you stop looking them up on social media, you stop contacting them, and you let go of all the hurt that was left.

This goodbye resembles something between walking away and giving up but for all the right reasons. It doesn’t hurt, it is like coming up for a breath of fresh air after drowning for so long. It is like finally letting go of a rope after a game of tug-a-war when you have rope burn on both hands and letting go gives you a sense of freedom from the pain. It is a sense of relief. It is a moment of clarity, realizing it is time to move on to better things.

The difference between this goodbye and the last one is the last one was to end the relationship, this goodbye ends the pain. It resembles letting go of the toxicity that is holding you back from becoming a better person. It takes strength and individuality, no more staying in your comfort zone. Step out of that comfort zone and do something for yourself.

Letting go is not always easy but sometimes it is necessary. You have to let go of the pain and the suffering that comes with certain relationships and friendships. Take a breath of fresh air and realize what you deserve. Say the goodbye and leave everything in the past. It is time you let go of all the pain in your life and find your own happiness. No more letting someone else decide your happiness. Let go, walk away, say that last goodbye.

So if you spend more time hurting than you go smiling, do not send that text. Do not go creeping on their social media. Do not ask their friends how they are doing. Say goodbye and mean it this time. Take that toxic relationship out of your life and make room for happiness and positivity. Have enough strength to find the clarity that shows you that you deserve better. Time to better yourself, time to say that goodbye.