Thinking Of Heading To The Meadows?

Thinking Of Heading To The Meadows?

Here's a look at the electronic artists on the lineup...
1

The creators of Governor's Ball are bringing a new festival to New York City. The inaugural edition of The Meadows Music and Art Festival is this fall, on October 1st and 2nd in Queens. The location of the festival is slightly deceiving - it's marketed as being held in Flushing Meadows Park, but it's actually going to be at Citi Field, taking over the expansive parking lots outside the stadium.

Logistically, the festival seem to be off to a rocky start, but the lineup is incredibly solid and is what convinced me to get passes. Kanye will be closing out the festival, and really, what more could you ask for? Accompanying Yeezus is a myriad of artists, including some super exciting electronic acts.

If you're thinking of attending, it's useful to note that all but one of the electronic artists on the lineup are playing on Saturday. Kygo will be taking the main stage on Sunday, but the rest of the day is indie pop bands and the one and only Mr. West (is it obvious I'm a huge fan yet?).

Moving on... Saturday you'll be able to catch Grimes, Zhu, Pretty Lights, Chromeo, Sylvan Esso, and Empire of the Sun. This will be my fourth time seeing Grimes in the span of a year, and honestly, every set has been entirely worth it. Her live show is incredible - between the execution of her arrangements, the dancers, and her incredible high energy, you can't turn away from the stage for the entirety of her set. I've yet to see the other acts, but am super stoked too.

Here are some highlight songs to preview what you can see at The Meadows:

And even though Yeasayer isn't considered an electronic act, this synth heavy song rules and their set is worth checking out: