Things You Think When Becoming Vegan

Things You Think When Becoming Vegan

"I can't eat chocolate?"

32
Things You Think When Becoming Vegan
parksandrecandfoodandstuff.tumblr.com

Veganism is one of the healthiest diet lifestyles to adopt, according to most leading experts. And most vegans would agree and not hesitate to sit you down and lecture you about how eating plants is just the "coolest, man" and how much better your life will be. But for people who became vegan or at least tried to at a later point in their lives, could probably tell you it was one of the harder things they've had to do- give up all those meats, cheese, and mouth watering desserts.

1. Combating Veganism all together.

Despite what countless of number of nutritional experts and your local hippies have told you about going vegan and the impact it has on your health and everyone else, you still just can't wrap your head around a lifestyle that excludes all meats, any fish, no dairy, and no eggs. So, what exactly can I eat? Veggies and fruits and nuts? what am I, a bird?

2. Researching the horrible effects of eating meat/animal products

Wait, What?! Meat is bad for me? It can lead to type 2 diabetes, high cholesterol, and other life threatening disease? And what about milk, we were just fed lies about how important it is to get our daily calcium from it? Is everything just a big lie?!

3. Now you're seriously considering adopting the hippie diet

You've finally accepted the idea of the possibility of adopting the hippie diet-but you don't know where yo begin. So you prepare yourself by reading up on all of the books discussing veganism, plant based diets, and why you'll become like a superfood eating invincible superhuman. All while saving the cows and little piggies.

4. The sigh of despair/torture/ anguish.

Now that you've read up all about how a vegan diet works, what you can't eat, and all "deliciously, filling" meals you get to eat, you can't help but think about all of the wonderful things you won't be able t eat anymore. *cries while looking at pictures of burgers, eggs, ice cream, and CHOCOLATE.

5. You're self-pride kicks in.

After a long cry about how hard you're life is going to be, you tell yourself you're better than this, and you refuse to let the greasy food and meat driven weakling within yourself to override your system and let you fail. It's time to nut up or shut up.

6. You must declare to all this new transformation of yours.

You feel so empowered, so righteous in your decision to save all the animals and save your arteries, that you feel the need to proclaim your health conscious decision to everyone around you. Everyone must know how great you are and healthy you are for sacrificing all the good foods and becoming a better person.

7. Missing all the food you no longer eat.

Despite your self-pride and determined attitude, you miss cheese, beef, chicken, eggs, bacon, ice cream...and it's only been like, a week.