We are one week out from another event film, the last one of the year. This film is "Rogue One: A Star Wars Story". Now, a lot of people have seen either the trailers, TV spots, or people like me talking about their excitement for the film. If you are not a huge "Star Wars" fan like myself, who have seen every movie and TV show, read some of the books and comics, and have played most of the games, you will be lost going into the movie. Like my first article on what is "Rogue One", this will be a basic guide to know going talking points you can bring to school your friends in "Star Wars" knowledge. Let's begin Nerf Hearders.
1. This is the first of many Anthology Films- When "The Force Awakens" was first announced, there were also going to be spin off movies following characters like Han Solo and events like "Rogue One" that will help fill in the gaps between the events of the main series.
2. This is a prequel- Yes. It's true, all of it. This is techincally a prequel. But it won't be focusing on Jar Jar or trade routes. It focuses on what happened leading up to the first minutes of "A New Hope".
3. This is not a coninutation of the new trilogy- There will be no Rey, Fin, Poe, Kylo Renn, and BB-8. This is something new Disney/LucasFilms are trying. This will be a sepreate storyline from the new trilogy.
4. This takes place right before "A New Hope"- In fact, this takes place before the first minute of the movie. This is how the Rebels stole the Death Star plans.
5. There will be some familiar faces- Smaller characters like Bail Organa, Mon Mothma, and Saw Gerrera (from "The Clone Wars" TV Show) will be featured in the movie. And as shown in the trailers and TV spots, Darth Vader will be in the movie.
6. This is a whole new cast of characters- Like what "The Force Awakens" did and had new characterse instead of having just the old cast return, this will feature a new cast of characters include out protaganist, Jyn Erso.
8. The tone of the movie will be different from the rest- This is made out to be a war film. So it will be differnt in tone compared to to the previous seven films. But, it will still have the feel of "Star Wars". Think "Full Metal Jacket" in space
9. What powers the Death Star- The Death Star will be powered by Kyber Crystals. These crystals give the Jedi and Sith it's power for the lightsaber. It can also power the Death Star.
9. How the Death Star was built- It was built by Galen Erso, Jyn's father. The plans were shown during the middle of "Attack of the Clones" and was being built at the end of "Revenge of the Sith".
10. You may have to read a book to get more information- Yes. Books may be difficult to read, but it will help. Read the book "Catalyst" by James Luceno. It will explain the background of Galen Erso and Director Orson Krennic and how they got the plans for the death star.
11. Only one force user will appear in the film- It's Darth Vader. Move a long.
12. There is a space monkey- I am still unsure this is actually a monkey, but it looks like one. So there is a space monkey that shoots down stormtroopers.
13. No Bothans will die to bring the plans to the Rebelion- That would be for if they made a "Rogue Two" telling about the plans to the second Death Star.
14. Han Solo and Chewbacca will not be in the film- You will have to wait two more years to see Han Solo and Chewbacca on the big screen again in another spin off film
There you go. Now you know everything going into the newest "Star Wars" movies. May the force be with you and many Bothans died to give you this information.