11 Things You Probably Do If You're Too Controlling

We cannot always control our situations, but we will try anyways.

8

If you are like me you always want to be in control. Not necessarily of other people, but just of the situations in your own life. But sometimes you cannot control something and it leads to a cycle of panic attacks and yourself being in even less of control.

1. You try to control situations that are uncontrollable

No matter what the situation may be, sometimes you just can't control it and this is possibly the worst thing in your mind.

2. When you can't control the situation you begin to panic.

This stage is when the panic attack begins to happen. Right now it is small, and you still have hopes you can control everything.

3. You then begin to think about everything else you can't control.

Here you begin to lose control of everything, and of yourself. You begin thinking of everything you cannot control or really anything that has not been going well for you.

4. You can't breathe, you can't sleep, you can't eat.

You now begin to panic more than ever and it takes over your entire body.

5. You try to hide the way you are feeling.

You try to pretend to your friends and family that everything is okay. You don't want them to think you are over reacting or being stupid.

6. Your panic attack soon consumes you and you can no longer hide it.

Now not only can you not eat or sleep, but you no longer feel like you can get out of bed. This panic consumes your entire being and you loose your drive and hope for everything.

7. You call your mom in hopes of her calming you down.

You realize you need help and so you call your mom or whoever it is you feel closest to and you try to talk things out.

8. Maybe you sleep or go for a run, whatever you have found that clears your mind.

After the phone call you are a bit more calm and you decide it is best to clear your mind for a bit.

9. You are now more calm but you are still looking for answers.

You can now calmly search for answers without being consumed by panic.

10. If you are lucky you will find your answers or maybe come to terms with the fact that you cannot control this situation.

Now everyone goes one of two ways, here you either move on or find your answers. Here you have peace and you finally get to move forward with your life. Or...

11. If you are unlucky, which happens more often, you will repeat this nasty cycle of panic attacks.

Unfortunately this stage is more common than the one above. Chances are you will always low-key worry about what you cannot control.

Whether or not you find your answers it is okay to not be in control. I know it is hard, and I struggle with it everyday. But if you let something you cannot control, control your life you have then lost everything. Take control of the things you can, and try to find an outlet for the things you cannot.