8 Things You Could Do This Weekend Instead Of Going Out And Catching COVID

There's an endless list of things to do on your own. Here's some of the best!

Play a board game

Go to Target or hop on Amazon and grab a board game or a fun card game like Cards Against Humanity and play with your roommates!

Call your loved ones

If you live away from home, take the weekend to catch up with your family and friends back home, see what they're up to, and let them know what you've been doing since you've been gone!

Paint or draw

Get creative! Stop by a craft store and pick up some supplies! You could start a scrapbook, or paint the view from your window in your dorm or apartment! Or, maybe you like to sketch? There's endless possibilities!

Take some pictures

Another alternative, if you're artistically inclined, is to get a disposable camera and get some cool photos of your campus or downtown area! Maybe get some fun photos of you and your roommates playing the board game you got!

Hang with friends

Please remember, the point of this is to stay safe and not catch COVID, but if you trust that your friends have been quarantining and keeping up social distance practices, then you can have some fun all together!

Read a book

Pick up an old favorite book and give it a read! Not sure what to read? Well check out my article from last week, 9 Great Books To Read During Your Free Time This Semester!

Watch Netflix

Netflix, Hulu, Disney+ or whatever other streaming subscription you may have are all fantastic alternatives to going out on a weekend, especially when cases are starting to spike at a lot of college campuses! So watch that TV show that you've been meaning to watch, or shamelessly watch Frozen 2 for the 20th time!

Try a new recipe

Maybe you're really into cooking or baking, and maybe you're afraid to set your stove on fire! Either way, take this weekend to try making some new, fun and simple recipes!