Things You Learn To Appreciate More When You Start 'Adulting'
Life Stages

15 Things You Learn To Appreciate More When You Start 'Adulting' For Real

You learn to appreciate the little things in life.

1646

The things most of us took for granted while we were younger, are the little things in life, now.

1. A full tank of gas

There is no greater feeling than having a full tank of gas. It isn't truly appreciated and exciting until you are an adult and have to start paying for gas on your own.

2. Cleaning

What was once thought of as a terrible chore, is now a fun activity that you actually look forward to doing. Nothing better than a clean space.

3. Plans getting canceled

We all know the feeling of saying yes to plans and just hoping they will fall through last minute. You know you are truly an adult when you are actually happy about not having to go out and socialize.

4. Food shopping

Being an adult means you are in charge of your own food shopping, I can't be the only one who looks forward to the next time I get to shop for more food.

5. Naps

Napping... what most of us look forward to doing after a long day at work, and hated when we were children. You never truly appreciate a nap as a child, but you sure do as an adult.

6. Getting money as a gift

When we were all younger getting money as a gift for our birthdays or Christmas seemed like such a waste, when all we wanted were toys. Money, an adult's best friend and the best gift you could ever receive.

7. Coffee

Drinking coffee was a trend and the "cool" thing to do when we were all younger. Now its a necessity for survival and the best part of each day.

8. Going home to your parents

Living at home was the "worst thing ever" when we were all teens, not being able to do what we wanted and having to follow our parent's rules. You know you are an adult when you look forward to going home and can't wait to have your parents home cooked meals and a free place to stay. We didn't know how great we had it.

9. Coupons

Nothing better than getting a coupon for something you were going to buy anyway. You never truly took advantage of sales and coupons until adulthood when you want to get deals anywhere and any possible way that you can.

10. Having no plans during the weekend

No one wants to have 10,000 things to do on the weekends after having a long work week full of stress. Having nothing to do during the weekend is a blessing, and if you know its coming, its what gets you through the week honestly.

11. Not having any emails to reply too

Getting bombarded with emails is a nightmare, no better feeling than waking up in the morning with no emails to respond too.

12. " Your order has shipped"

"Treat yo self" is the motto most of us live by, there is nothing better than getting that "your order has shipped" email. These emails were never truly appreciated while most of us were younger.

13. Going to bed early

Getting 8+ hours of sleep is nearly impossible these days, actually finishing everything you have to get done and at a reasonable hour is a blessing.

14. Finding new cleaning supplies

I can't be the only one who gets excited over discovering new cleaning supplies...?

15. Lighting candles

Nothing better than lighting a candle and relaxing, enough said.