As the Holiday season is in full swing, there are so many things that each and everyone of us has to be thankful. Whether it's an education, family and friends, a job, or even your dog that you're a bit too attached to, everyone has his or her own things that bring them joy this time of year. Whether your Holiday break is close to a month, like most college students, or if it is only a long weekend, we all look forward to the Holidays every year for the happiness, food, and rest that it brings us. Here are some of the best things about the Holidays that never seem to change.
1. Literally having no work to get done.[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F12%2F17%2F636175299885133158933110797_43b7893b64e73092777ad9035c3f9707ae792ed85bb627986279bc666bc37b82_1.gif&ho=https%3A%2F%2Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=888&h=69d2de9102282b703d735ccb5d7e9079e6b4db22c4d126d010ce76765268172f&size=980x&c=3364055572 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2016%252F12%252F17%252F636175299885133158933110797_43b7893b64e73092777ad9035c3f9707ae792ed85bb627986279bc666bc37b82_1.gif%26ho%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net%26s%3D888%26h%3D69d2de9102282b703d735ccb5d7e9079e6b4db22c4d126d010ce76765268172f%26size%3D980x%26c%3D3364055572%22%7D" expand=1]
One of the best and strangest parts about the Holidays is being a student and being in-between courses and having no responsibilities. Live it up, it won't last long.
2. Catching up with your high school friends.[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F12%2F17%2F636175301091974303989537555_7dcaaa434070a7f5529923aa731b9505.gif&ho=https%3A%2F%2Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=135&h=3588a7c56618dac624323b8ab5ca4f4af2656987cdcd3ced03adf47e9caf8d66&size=980x&c=859552804 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2016%252F12%252F17%252F636175301091974303989537555_7dcaaa434070a7f5529923aa731b9505.gif%26ho%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net%26s%3D135%26h%3D3588a7c56618dac624323b8ab5ca4f4af2656987cdcd3ced03adf47e9caf8d66%26size%3D980x%26c%3D859552804%22%7D" expand=1]
There's nothing like catching up with hold high school friends to see who is one step closer to changing the World and who's one step closer to getting that Mrs. Degree.
3. Finally, it's socially acceptable to pull all-nighters binge watching your favorite Netflix shoes again.
Because at school, if you're not studying then you should be going out. Winter break is the perfect time to pull all-nighters watching mind-numbing TV.
4. Want to stay in your pajamas for 48-hours straight? As long as they are Holiday themed you are good to go.
Want to eat all the Holiday food in your pantry and not be judged for it? As long as you're wearing Holiday themed PJ's that's 100% socially acceptable.
We all have that one house in our neighborhoods that's so beautifully decorated. And then there's that one house with about 10 Nativity scenes, strobe flashing lights, a hologram Santa, and a fake Frosty the Snowman all on their front porch.
6. CHRISTMAS SONGS.[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F12%2F17%2F636175303610830918163378632_raw.gif&ho=https%3A%2F%2Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=729&h=6595d886de6126e4127cc2fb698f82369ef0a137e765afde336e5c41f5c3779f&size=980x&c=2317307735 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2016%252F12%252F17%252F636175303610830918163378632_raw.gif%26ho%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net%26s%3D729%26h%3D6595d886de6126e4127cc2fb698f82369ef0a137e765afde336e5c41f5c3779f%26size%3D980x%26c%3D2317307735%22%7D" expand=1]
If you can sit here and say you don't smile a little bigger and sing a little louder when Frosty the Snowman comes on the radio for the first time during the Holidays, then you are lying.
7. Finally being able to sleep in your own bed, in the pitch black, and not feeling bad about all those accidental naps that are about to happen over break.
This one speaks for itself. Everyone is sleep deprived before the Holidays, but luckily, no one is judging you for that accidental 4-hour nap during the break.