25 Things To Keep You Busy While Under Self-Quarantine

While it can be tough to find new ways to stay entertained, don't stress! We've got you covered.

1566
Photo by Bao Truong on Unsplash

The term "self-quarantine" has floated around the news a lot recently and is the primary method suggested to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. For some, to self-quarantine means stopping their life entirely and, for others, it means just eliminating one or two things from their everyday schedule. Regardless, being stuck at home with little exposure to other people and the outside world is tough.

It's hard to keep ourselves entertained when most businesses and regular operations have come to a screeching halt. There is a purpose to our daily routines that goes far beyond productivity, and we need things to do and tasks to keep us busy. Until this all passes, what can we do within our own homes to keep ourselves occupied? While nothing might immediately come to mind, it's not as impossible of a task as you might think.

Here is a simple list of 25 things you can do to keep your mind off of the coronavirus chaos while staying happy and healthy at home.

1. Stream a new or fan-favorite TV show.

2. Plant and grow an at-home garden. 

3. Try out a new recipe. 

4. Complete a puzzle. 

5. Whip out those old stress-relief coloring books. 

6. Get ahead on school work. 

7. Go on a run or practice yoga. 

8. Order a new book or two to read during your hiatus. 

9. Grab a brush and canvas and start painting. 

10. Perfect your portfolio or LinkedIn profile. 

11. Spend some quality time with your pets. 

12. Rebrand your social media presence. 

13. Have a movie marathon. 

14. Level up on your favorite video game. 

15. Go for a walk to clear your mind a bit. 

16. Get certified in a new software such as Adobe, Procreate, or Microsoft Office. 

17. Practice your bartending skills and come up with a new drink. 

18. Catch up on some much needed rest. 

19. Binge a popular podcast. 

20. Go on a hike at a local trail. 

21. Play a board game or a card game. 

22. Stay up-to-date on current events. 

23. Deep clean your living space to freshen everything up. 

24. FaceTime your best friends and your family.

25. Spend some money online shopping. 

With all of the self-quarantine and coronavirus memes out there, it's easy to minimize the seriousness of the situation. Stay up to date on the latest suggestions and news updates for your area in order to keep yourself and others around you healthy!