5 Things To Keep In Mind When It Comes To COVID-19

Corona Virus is making a lot of people nervous, but it's important to keep a few things in mind.

13

1. Don't Panic

media.giphy.com

Panicking is not going to help anything. It is a stressful time but panicking often causes us to look for quick and easy answers rather than looking at the facts and developing a system that works long term.

2. This is not an excuse to be racist

media.giphy.com

The Corona Virus clearly is not only affecting overseas countries anymore and it is not their fault that is was spread in the first place. It is a virus and just like with a cold, it was bound to happen and anyone could have it or spread it. So stop being racist because avoiding Asian people is not going to fix anything.

3. Hand sanitizer is not as effective as hand washing

media.giphy.com

Hand sanitizer advertises killing 99.9% of germs, but when it comes to something as serious as Covid-19 its probably safer to just wash your hands. It may not kill all the germs every time, but it does have a better chance of getting rid of the more serious germs than hand sanitizer does. Hand sanitizer is efficient but be sure to still wash your hands often.

4. You don't need to stock up on masks and toilet paper

media.giphy.com

Covering your mouth when you cough or sneeze will help prevent the spread of germs just as much as a mask. Stocking up on masks, hand sanitizer, and the essentials may seem like a good idea but all it does is decrease the supply for everyone else and make it even more difficult for stores to restock.

5. You should still be aware of the danger it presents

media.giphy.com

Many young, healthy people are not concerned about catching Covid-19 and feel that everything happening is an overreaction. While they may not need to be as concerned about dying from it, they are still able to catch and spread the virus. For the sake of the elderly and everyone with compromised immune systems, please take precautions and be aware of the situation.

This is a scary time so stay safe and stay healthy!