21 Things To Do Before Turning 21

21 Things To Do Before Turning 21

While I am looking forward to this new phase of life, I want to look back fondly and have no regrets.

228
21 Things To Do Before Turning 21

In the United States, a 21st birthday is a huge deal. Becoming legal in all senses of the word marks the final shift in the stages of young adult life to a true "adult." Although many people may argue that the prefrontal cortex of the brain isn't fully developed until age 25, 21 is when we are forced to handle a lot more responsibility, as many students are starting to graduate and enter the workforce.

The countdown is on until my 21st birthday, so I thought it would be a good time to write a list of 21 things you should do before turning 21. While I am looking forward to this new phase of life, I want to look back fondly and have no regrets.

1. Watch the sunrise on the beach

2. See your favorite artist in concert

3. Skydive

4. Climb a mountain

5. Travel the world

6. Try a new food you are afraid of

7. Go on a road trip with your friends

8. Crash a wedding

9. Make a time capsule

10. Plant a tree

11. Go to a movie premiere

12. Swim with dolphins

13. Ride a camel

14. Go zip-lining

15. Kiss in the rain

16. Sleep under the stars

17. See a Broadway show

18. Dye your hair

19. Eat everything you want for a day

20. Go skinny dipping

21. Stop caring about what other people think of you

1. How many of these things have you done? Make your own list of things you hope to accomplish before your next milestone birthday.