5 Things To Do In Louisville During The Holiday Break

Start off your break the right way by getting into the holiday spirit!

1

Once the calendar finally hits December and garland can be seen from miles away in the windows of stores and restaurants, you know Christmas time has finally arrived and is here to stay over the course of the next 25 days. Christmas trees are displayed in each home and the Starbucks holiday drinks are the constant buzz between friends. The excitement surrounding such a jolly season can leave Louisvillians overwhelmed with the possibilities of what to do once final exams end and the holiday break begins. Though the chilly weather can leave us wanting to stay snuggled up in bed all day, these five things to do will give you a reason to throw on that parka and explore Louisville's holiday activities.

Lights Under Louisville

@yelplouisville

The Louisville Mega Cavern is home to the Lights Under Louisville display throughout the holiday season. More than 3 million lights illuminate this unique underground extravaganza. Individuals can drive their own car through the 30-minute, 17-mile ride filled with various lights and characters. Lights Under Louisville is the only underground holiday light show in the world, making for an unforgettable experience.

Go ice skating at Paristown Hall

Shelby Arnett

Louisville's newest concert hall, Paristown Hall, also features a brand new ice skating rink that is open until January 5. During the season, there will be a variety of ice skating events, such as ice skating with the warriors, the cards, and Nutcracker on ice. Ice skating can be enjoyable for spending time with family, a night out with friends, or even a first date.

Drink holiday drink from Please & Thank You

Shelby Arnett

Please & Thank You, as mentioned in one of my articles about local coffee shops, just opened its third location in the city of Prospect. Please & Thank You is known for its incredible chocolate chip cookies as well as its coffee, but what some customers are not aware of are the holiday drink options. Please & Thank You offers the seasonal Winter White Latte mixed with its very own white chocolate sauce, making the drink to die for. The coffee shop also makes the Peppermint Pattie hot tea, and though it is available year-round, purchasing the minty drink during the holiday season makes it even more enjoyable.

See a performance of The Nutcracker

@louballet

The Louisville Ballet always puts on a spectacular performance of The Nutcracker during the holiday season. The Nutcracker will be shown at the Kentucky Center between December 14-22. Grab your family and friends and make sure you don't miss out on this memorable evening filled with beautiful dance and music.

Take a holiday walk across the Big Four Bridge

Shelby Arnett

Louisville's most popular bridge, Big Four Bridge, is alive with runners, walkers, and cyclers during all times of the year. However, taking a stroll across the bridge during the holiday season makes for a more magical encounter. The constantly changing lights along the bridge allow for a more festive display during Christmas time. The bridge itself is a 1/4 mile long and even offers dining options across the way.

It is important to enjoy the holiday season and spend time with loved ones because these are the memories that we will look back on once the years have passed. Enjoy your time off from school and work, call up a friend, and participate in one of these activities to celebrate the most wonderful time of the year! No matter what you choose, you are guaranteed to have a memorable experience.