7 Things College Students Can Do During The Baseball Offseason To Survive The Drought

Baseball is over. Now what?

115

The MLB season concluded in late October, and it's been a rough month and a half for all baseball fans. Instead of wallowing in sorrow that baseball won't be back until April, here are some things you can do.

1. Pick up a glove and have a catch

Whether you've played baseball since you were five on Coach Drupert's Little League team or you picked up a glove for the first time today, just having a catch with a friend is not only a fun activity, but it'll help you stay (or in my case, get) in shape for next season.

2. Watch another sport

To fill the empty hole in your heart that was caused by the MLB season ending, fill it with another sport. Especially the NBA or the NHL, since those seasons start right when baseball ends and will carry you through until the beginning of next season.

3. Actually study

Crazy sounding idea, right? Let's just say there were some late nights when the MLB postseason was going on, especially when game three of the World Series lasted until after three in the morning. While baseball is over and many are curled up in fetal position waiting for it to return, focusing on studying probably is the smarter idea than watching a baseball game all night. Smarter, not better.

4. Use the offseason to break in a new glove

After a season filled with hard work, it might be time for a new glove, especially if someone's fastball ripped a lace on your mitt. No, Tyler, I'm still not over it. Since you have to go through almost six months of an offseason, this is the perfect time to break in a new piece of leather so you're not working with a brick on your hand on Opening Day.

5. Join a fall league

Whether you want to play or help coach a team, there are plenty of leagues and tournaments that play during the fall, so whoever thought of the idea to extend baseball into the fall, thank you.

6. Stalk ESPN to tune into free agent signing

The one good thing about the MLB offseason is that big name players will be on the move, whether it be via trade or free agency. Especially this offseason, the free agent pool is the biggest it's ever been. Keep your eyes glued to ESPN to see where the big names are headed next season.

7. Find a batting cage

Whether it be for fun or for training, hitting up a batting cage is always a good time. Check one out with your friends or teammates for a great time and to improve your swing for next season.

Yes, it sucks that there's no baseball until April, but hopefully, these seven things will help you recover from your deep depression that the MLB season has ended.