10 Fun Things To Do When You're In Baltimore

Fun activities around Towson and Baltimore during all seasons!

311
https://www.facebook.com/pg/damezphotos/photos/?ref=page_internal

My friends and I always find ourselves sitting around inside trying to find something new to do. Over the past two years, these are ten things that never fail to be a good time. There's a lot to do in Baltimore and Towson -- some things are more expensive than others, but you can always find a fun new activity or store to experience with friends or a date!

1. Classic Movie Outing

Lily Heneghan

Going to a movie is always fun with friends or a date. There's the Cinemark in uptown Towson, or The Senator by Belvedere Square, which is a little less expensive. In the summer, head down to the Broadway Pier in Fells Point for an outdoor movie for free! Just bring a lawn chair or rent one there for $4.00. I find myself at the movies so frequently, and all the theaters have great restaurants right outside. Dinner and a movie is always a crowdpleaser!

2. Catch a Baltimore Game

Going to an Orioles or Ravens game in Baltimore is always such a good time! Friday night student games for the Orioles are only $10.00 and finding inexpensive tickets is always super simple. Cheer for your favorite players, or try and get on the dance cam with your friends! I love going to games with my friends and family; even friends who aren't big sports fans can have a great time.

3. A Theatre Treat

If you're interested in plays and musicals, check out what touring show is currently at the Hippodrome in Baltimore! Or see a local play at Chesapeake Shakespeare Company down by the Inner Harbor. I love going to the Hippodrome for a treat and dressing up, but CSC always has shows going on from a classic "Midsummer Night's Dream" to "A Christmas Carol" and it's more affordable for students as well as slightly more casual.

4. Miracle on 34th Street

Around Christmas time, 34th Street in Baltimore is full of lights! There's also hot chocolate and other snacks on the street for sale, and sometimes you can even see Santa! It's really pretty to see at night, especially if it's snowing. There's a bunch of restaurants in the area -- I recommend Cafe Hon. It's a great way to get in the holiday spirit, seeing every house decorated with different themes!

5. Ice Skating

Also in the winter around the holidays, my friends and I loved going to Mt. Pleasant Ice Rink during their open rink hours and have a great time! It's not expensive to rent skates, and they play music throughout the rink. It usually makes for some pretty funny Snapchats of your friends falling! I loved going with a bigger group of people, or just one friend!

6. Hiking

Going on a hike in Cromwell or by Loch Raven Reservoir can be fun with a few friends -- and you get some exercise too! Go to Kilgore Falls on the King and Queens Seat Hike and you can swim in the waterfalls! It's a lot of fun to go and jump into the waterfalls, which gets popular as it starts to get warm. Also a great idea if you have a dog to bring!

7. Mini Golf

I love mini golfing with family and friends. Everyone loves some friendly competition! Perry Hall Mini Golf also has snowballs for after (major plus). There's also Monster Mini Golf, an indoors mini golf plan that's perfect for when it's cold and rainy! Great for a date too -- you can still have conversation while doing something different!

8. Annual State Fair

At the end of summer, the Towson Fairgrounds host the Maryland State Fair, which is so exciting! There's games, food, rides, and animals, too. They also have a concert one or two of the nights. I love stopping by the fair every summer, watching the pig races, and then possibly going to the concert later that night! In the past, they've had artists such as Charlie Puth, Sabrina Carpenter, Willow Smith, and Fifth Harmony.

9. Sherwood Gardens

Over in the Guilford neighborhood of Towson, Sherwood is a park that gets very popular in the spring. It's famous for having almost 80,000 tulips that bloom in April. I always see a ton of Instagram posts right around when they start blooming, but there's a lot of other things in Sherwood to see year-round.

10. National Aquarium

Baltimore's aquarium is super popular. It's right on the Inner Harbor, so you can make a day trip out of it! I love going. They usually have certain days of the week where there are extra events going on, or special discounted days throughout the year. The dolphin show is super interesting to see. I personally love the jelly fish exhibit. You can head over to the Hard Rock Cafe or Ms. Shirley's after!

These are only 10 of the many things I love to do in Baltimore, but they're great for small or large groups of people year round!