10 Things To Do Outside Of Class At Auburn University
Campuses

Auburn University doesn't always have to be going back and forth to class.

375
Molly Joiner

I've lived here for almost four years. I've found the hangouts, seen the sights. Let me give you some secrets. I'm here for y'all. Auburn is a fun place to hang out if you know what you're looking for.

1. Skybar is a must.

Skybar is the place you go when you want to get turnt, watch a game, or see some wild costumes at Halloween.

2. Sports games are crucial and every game aside from football is free to students. 

Seriously, take advantage of the basketball, soccer, and volleyball games. Did I mention we have a highly ranked equestrian team? Cause we do. National champs, actually.

3. Visit the Rec. 

The Recreation and Wellness Center (The Rec) is are to students, and a great place to get your sweat on with friends. They have any kind of workout equipment you need to blow off some steam and tons of extras just for fun, like a pool, a huge rock climbing wall, a virtual driving range, and racquetball rooms.

4. Auburn UPC will take care of you, honey.

The Auburn UPC puts on free events throughout the year for students. Movie nights, mini-festivals, giveaways, just to name a few.

5. Kiesal Park is great for outdoorsy individuals..

Whether you brought your dog with you or you miss your fur baby, this dog park complete with several miles of walking trails is the perfect place to run, hammock, or just chill.

6. Tiger Town has all the goods.

Auburn is great, but sometimes you need a break from campus. Tiger Town is a strip mall in the neighboring city of Opelika. Complete with tons of restaurants, pet stores, clothing shops, and a Hobby Lobby, it's perfect for restocking and unplugging.

7. Voulunteer at the animal shelter.

Lee County Humane Society is literally minutes from campus, and they are always in need of volunteers and fosters. They even have a foster program where you can give a pet a home for a weekend.

8. Chewacla State Park is a whole adventure.

Chewacla has waterfalls, hiking trails, biking trails, a lake to swim in, and so much more. Did I mention it's only like five miles from campus?

9. Get active with a club, or two.

Interest-based and Major-related clubs are popular and tons are available. They're great ways to connect with similar minds on campus and something to look forward to during a week of murderous 8 a.m. classes.

10. Tommer's Corner is basically required.

Sometimes the lemonade is really acidic, that just comes with the fact that it's fresh squeezed, but what people often forget about Toomer's is they have delicious cookie ice cream sandwiches and unique Auburn merch.