Have you ever come across something that just makes your toes curl?
Well I HAVE. This morning I happened across a potato (yam?) I forgot I had in the corner of my kitchen. For whatever reason, the sight of the thriving thing unsettled me. Yes, I know that if you leave potatoes unattended, uncooked, and with room to grow, then they will.
Nonetheless, the unexpected experience got me thinking about other things I've encountered recently that have made me feel a similar degree of repulsion. Here's a list of 15 things that might make you as wildly uncomfortable as they make me...
1. When your potatoes start growing more potatoes
Found it this morning and wanted to vomit.
2. Warts on trees
Ever since I was a child I've always thought that they're just such a pain to behold.
3. Being one of two passengers on a bus or trainGiphy
There can only be one...
4. Watching other people argue in publicGiphy
The by-stander embarrassment is real.
5. Being a part of an argument in publicGiphy
And wanting to be anywhere but there.
6. Pants that fit two sizes too smallGiphy
It's like vanity sizing in reverse?
To include a real photo would have honestly been too much.
8. When your Uber driver starts raving about conspiracy theoriesGiphy
And then the relief you feel when you realize you're almost at your destination.
9. When people touch your hair without askingGiphy
We get it, my hair is curly. Ask first.
10. Finding a penny that's not heads upGiphy
And not feeling comfortable again until you flip it over for someone else to find
11. Studying for finals without a laptop after yours inexplicably decides to break the week beforeGiphy
Unfortunately, I'm speaking from experience on that one. Losing all your notes and switching up study methods last minute is very mentally discomforting.
12. When you're 98% certain you sweat through your shirt, but you can't tell if others can seeGiphy
And running to the bathroom for a mirror the minute you get indoors to confirm your suspicions.
13. Watching a movie that requires 3D glasses, while simultaneously wearing glassesGiphy
It's like they don't want us to see the movie.
14. Being third wheeledGiphy
This especially hurts when you KNOW THE PERSON DOING IT. You two should know better.
15. Watching someone sneeze into their hand and then touch the walk-button to cross the street (with the same hand)Giphy
It's a monstrous world we live in.
And there you have it. The 15 things that are guaranteed to make you feel just a little bit squeamish.