5 Things Everyone From NOLA Knows To Be True

There is no other place in the world like New Orleans.

208

When someone says they're from New Orleans, there is a 75% chance they are not actually from New Orleans. They are probably from a city somewhere right outside of New Orleans like Metairie, Kenner, St. Rose, Destrehan, River Ridge, etc. Basically everywhere within a 15-minute radius outside of New Orleans is considered New Orleans.

Anyone who is from or near New Orleans knows these five things.

It's pronounced New Or-lenz, not New Or-leenz

Everypixel

I literally cringe when I hear people say it wrong in a movie or on a TV show. It's really not that hard people! Also, no one who is from down here says 'Nawlins, sorry.

Other places do NOT know how to season their food

YaYa's-Instagram

Food needs more than just a sprinkle of salt and pepper, I'm sorry but at the very least sprinkle some Tony's on whatever you are cooking. If you are ever in the New Orleans area, I HIGHLY suggest taking a drive to Ya Ya's because I have never had a bad meal there.

Art is everywhere

Christine Perniciaro

Everywhere you look in New Orleans there is some kind of art. From art galleries and street art, to dancers and musicians you are constantly surrounded by art and it's a pretty amazing feeling.

Bourbon Street isn't all that great

Laura Devalcourt

People who are not from New Orleans always tell me they want to visit Bourbon Street and I always ask them why. There are sooo many things about the city that I would choose to visit before Bourbon Street. It is one of those things that you go visit just to say you did because honestly, it smells like vomit and a public restroom.

You can take away the city, but not the people

Laura Devalcourt

After Katrina wiped out a big part of our city, the people of New Orleans were devastated by the losses. No one thought we would bounce back, at least not to where we were before but they were wrong. The people of New Orleans and the surrounding areas rebuilt the city from the ground up, just like they have done throughout history.