15 Things You NEED In Order To Start Living Your Best Life

Some of these are more conventional than others, but they're necessities, nonetheless.

1020

My idea for this article initially began after I had, perhaps, the most wonderful sleep I've had in years. This was due to the fact that one day, I came home from work to find a perfectly brand new pillow sitting on my bed. Although perplexed by the randomness of it all, I happily went to sleep with my new gift.

It was something I didn't know I needed in my life, but now simply won't be able to sleep without.

I got to thinking, and realized there are a multitude of every day items that help us live as the best versions of ourselves.

Here are the 15 things I came up with:

1. The perfect pillow

Neck pain? Don't know her anymore.

2. Vitamins

For years, my mom harassed me and my brother daily about taking our vitamins. Now that I'm 21, I've finally started to look into the benefits and boy was mom right! These things aren't a joke.

3. SPF (lots of it!)

If you're anything like me, you probably feel like your best self when you're gettin' your tan on. However, experts will tell you that the number one key to healthy skin and wrinkle-free skin down the line is to apply products with SPF. And yes, you can still get a tan! Whether we're talking some vitamin D from the sun, or a fake tan, it is possible to get that glow without frying your skin.

4. A smart water bottle

Smart water bottles are designed to let you know how much water you've consumed and how much more you need to drink before the day is over. Some of these water bottles even light up to let you know when you should be chugging. Check out Hidrate Spark!

5. Good quality toiletries

For this one, I'm talking about the toiletries we use daily: face wash and moisturizer, tweezers and an eyelash curler, chapstick, shampoo and conditioner...

Sometimes, expensive name brands do not mean better products. However, it is important to research the ingredients in your products! Aim for alcohol-free, paraben-free, and cruelty-free products.

6. Essential Oils

Essential oils can be used to help sleep issues, stress-related issues, and even body aches and pains. Consider checking out CBD oils for stronger, more persistent pain.

7. Wrinkle remover spray

I'll never forget the first time I heard about this stuff. It is absolutely perfect for vacations. Are all your tops and dresses wrinkled after being packed in your suitcase? Say no more! Check out the spray here.

8. A heating pad

Heating (and cooling) pads might be the solution to that pain and soreness you've been dealing with, especially during that time of the month.

9. A slow cooker

A slow cooker, such as the CrockPot, is ideal for those busy students or workers who want to come home to a hot, ready and fresh meal. You literally just combine all of the ingredients in a giant pot, let it cook all day, and voilà.

10. A go-to pair of sunglasses

Whether you want to spend the money on a high-end pair of glasses is up to you, but make sure you do some research and buy sunglasses that will actually do their job (a.k.a protect you from the sun!) For instance, polarized sunglasses are excellent, especially when it comes to driving, because they cut any glare.

11. A go-to pair of comfy, versatile shoes

Whether your style calls for a go-to pair of white sneakers, go-to pair of comfy flats, or a go-to pair of chunky black boots, make sure you invest in a good quality, comfy pair!

12. An online banking app

My banking app has changed my life. I can simply log in, view my account balances, and even deposit checks via phone. All I have to do is sign the check and then take a picture of the front and back.

13. A subscription to a news source

Even if politics aren't your thing, it's important to stay up to date with the latest news. Subscribing to a news source is a great way to receive info, especially if you know you won't be researching or googling news on your own. I personally like to receive info from Betches because their emails are concise and easy to follow.

14. A good night's sleep

Sleep cycles are not something to be messed with. In fact, a regulated sleep cycle is key to a healthy life. A good night's sleep helps improve your immune system, helps regulate your metabolism, and improves your mood as well as your focus.

15. Self love

Last, but not least (although by far the cheesiest) we have self love. Self love is a lifelong process, but it's one of those things you have to at least try to work on if you want to live your best life.