12 Reasons Fall Is The Best Season

12 Reasons Fall Is The Best Season

Bring on the bonfires and the cider.
23

If you are like me, summer is nice for a week and then you wish it was fall already. I absolutely hate the heat, and the way I look at it, there is only so much you can take off before it becomes illegal, but in the fall, you can always put more clothes on. Here are a few things to explain that fall is AMAZING!

1. The leaves change color

There are never two leaves that are the same, and looking out to the mountains in Delhi and seeing all the different colors is so relaxing. There is also always a crunchy leaf you need to go out of your way to step on.

2. HOODIES, HOODIES AND HOODIES!

Hoodies are a must have at all times even if it isn’t that cold out. Hoodies in the fall is like water in the summer to me: a must-have. And you don’t have to wear a bra--you can just throw a hoodie on in the morning for your 8am's that you have to take.

3. Pumpkin EVERYTHING!

Pumpkin here, pumpkin there, pumpkin everywhere! Pumpkin flavoring is a staple for fall. And around the time everyone still has Broncos, and they go to the library café and get their special pumpkin spice latte, or pumpkin iced coffee, and some even get pumpkin chai.

4. Apple Cider

As you have seen in my last article about the Fly Creek Cider Mill, I love cider. Cider is also a staple for the fall season, and there is also cider flavored everything: apple cider latte, apple cider chai and just apple cider in general--it’s such a sweet treat at the end of the day.

5. Hot Cocoa

It is acceptable to have hot cocoa, finally. It’s not too hot and it’s a great morning ritual. Grab hot cocoa, and then go to class. It’s good for those who don’t like coffee. Like me.

6. Longer Nights

I am a night owl. I love the cool crisp nights and the cold relaxes me. I am more awake and creative at night, too.

7. Comfy Clothes

You don’t have to worry about dressing nice, you can just wear sweats or leggings, and a hoodie, as I said. The best part? No one will care because they will be doing that, too.

8. You Don't have to shave

For guys and girls! Girls say this all the time: you aren’t wearing stuff like tank tops and shorts. You will be wearing long sleeves and pants, and even though I still shave, I just wait longer. Also, extra hair keeps you warmer.

9. Thanksgiving

A good time to get together with your family, and eat. Food is amazing and you can’t go wrong with stuffing and pumpkin pie. Turkey is good too, but face it--we mostly eat the stuffing and the dessert, as well as the side dishes.

10. Halloween

This is self-explanatory: candy and costume parties. It gives us an excuse to be someone different for the night and have fun like you always wanted to without being judged (because everyone will be acting crazy).

11. FOOTBALL!

Wings, pizza, chips, and alcohol. All you need to get together with a bunch of friends and have a great night, and when the Superbowl comes around you and your friends get super competitive (even if they don’t like the team, you just pick the opposing team of your friends just to make them angry).

12: Bonfires!

Sure they are good in the summer, but they are what makes fall amazing. You won’t be sweltering in the heat and it’s a great time to enjoy the outdoors and not be cold as hell.

This is why I love fall; it is just a more peaceful time. I am over summer, and I cannot wait until I can wake up and smell that fall--crisp leaf smells every morning, bundle up and not have to worry about dressing up for class. I like the cold, and fall is a perfect relief from a hot summer.