Things I Learned The First Month Living In My Sorority House

10 Things I've Learned During The First Month Of Living In A Sorority House

Living with so many girls can get interesting, to say the least.

182

Living with over 50 girls seems like a foreign concept to most. It can be very difficult for people to imagine what life is like living in a sorority house. I couldn't even imagine what life would be like living with all those girls. Thankfully, I have adjusted well, and have picked up on 10 things that happen while living in the house.

1. There’s always someone to help you pick out your clothes 

Whenever you need an opinion on if your dress is too short or what shoes to wear, there is always a girl who can help you make this decision.

2. Food always disappears within minutes 

The snack kitchen is always low on stock because girls have to eat! Any time there is dessert, or someone brings food and posts about it, it always disappears super quickly. You can always hear people running to the kitchen when they get the notification of food.

3. The cold dorm is a wild thing 

Sleeping in a room with so many people on bunk beds is a weird concept. It's also really weird to not have a bed in your bedroom. Now though sleeping in the cold dorm is normal, but at first, it was pretty hard to get used to. For me, the most difficult part is having to be quiet and try not to laugh when I see my friend across the room.

4.  You bribe people to do your house duty 

Even if you only have to your house duty once every two weeks, when that time rolls around, chances are you never want to do it. Thankfully, there is always at least one person who accepts the Starbucks or cash bribe and will do your 7 a.m. wake-up duty.

5. There’s hair everywhere

Living with all girls can honestly be kind of gross. I mean, we aren't gross, but all females know how much hair we shed. When 50+ girls live in a house, there is hair everywhere.

6. Nothing is private 

Everyone knows everything when you all live together. If one person hears something, pretty soon the whole house knows. In some cases, this is so nice, but in other cases it can get frustrating to not have your privacy.

7. You are never alone 

This goes along with not having privacy, but I have learned from living in the sorority house that it is totally normal to take a phone call in front of 3 other people. You also always have someone to go to Target with you which makes grocery shopping/pretend adulting super fun.

8. You always have someone to talk to/have your back 

This has to be my favorite part of living in the house. I love knowing that I always have someone I can count on to make me laugh when I am having a rough day. Because we all spend so much time together, it is so easy to tell when something is off, and everyone checks in to try to make it better.

9.  You get to have Tinder Thursdays 

Okay, my ACTUAL favorite part about living in is the time we all spend together just messing around. We have come up with the idea of "playing" Tinder. It's where everyone with a Tinder swaps phones and we all pick out matches for them. Even though it is so silly, it is my favorite weekly tradition.

10. You have endless laughs with your ~sisters~ 

Even though not everything in the house sounds super glamorous, living with so many unique people is an experience I wouldn't trade for the world.