10 Things We All Do From Time To Time, Even Though We Know We Shouldn't

Things I really can't believe I do.

91
Gavin Thomas / Instagram

We all have a list of things that we do that we know we shouldn't buuuttt we do them anyways. I have a bunch of things that every time I am about to do or I have just done I stop and say, "Really? Did you just do that again?!'"

Here's a list of 7 things that we all do, from time to time even though we know we really shouldn't.

1. Reading the last page of a book:

I have a tendency to read the final moments of a book to see if I will be disappointed or not. I don't necessarily read the final plotline, however, I am looking to see the general mood of the character so that I can mentally prepare myself.

2. Reading the SparkNotes version instead of the book:

I take six classes a semester. If you add each book in for all of my classes that are due each day it would equal an unfathomable number. Solution: read the condensed and quick version online and then go to class and bull shit your way through each lecture.

Note: sit next to the smart kid in class and mimic what they say.

3. Skipping class religiously.

While I want my degree, I am not really keen on going to class all that often. I have about a billion things to do in one day and sometimes listening to a teacher talk in a monotone voice about Shakespeare for the forty millionth time is extremely unappealing.

4. Not drinking the last sip of soda.

When you crack a soda for the first time it has that wonderful burning fizz to it, however, by the time you get to the end, the soda is flat. My house is covered in half drank bottles. My mother has even gone as far as to say, "You can't open another one until you finish the one that is still sitting on the counter from last week with a single sip left in it." She's mean.

5. Living in denial:

When (spoiler) Lexi Grey died in the season 8 finale of "Grey's Anatomy" I did not watch the show for several years. To this day when I re-watch the show, I skip the episode where she, George, Henry, Derek, and Mark die. I cannot and I will not live through that pain again.

6. Reading the synopsis of a show/movie before watching it.

Because I can't handle the pain of my favorite characters dying (see number 5) I often will read the entire plot of a movie or show so that I know I can handle the bad that is about to happen. This is a serious issue that I have.

7. Spending money you really don't have.

I often tell myself things like, "You need to buy this book," or "You haven't had your caffeine fix for the day," or "You need more caffeine to keep your addicted-self going," or "Oooooh this fabric would look really nice on a quilt I am going to make five years in the future." (yes, I am an old lady) and I definitely do NOT have the money to buy these things.

8. Making things out to be greater than they are.

I often pretend I am doing better in a class than I really am. I see my midterm grade and I tell myself I still have time. I am a week out from finals and I still tell myself I have time. I do not have time and my grades are not that good.

9. Pretending you don't know how to do things.

When I know that my boss or my mother (I think those are the same things) want me to do something that I don't want to do, I pretend that I don't know how to do them. In the future, the hope is that they remember that I don't know how to do a basic task and they leave me alone to read my book.

10. Letting your car reach empty and then you just keep driving.

I hate filling up my gas tank because

1) It cost too much money and

2) It feels like a chore.

My car makes this annoying ring when it gets low so I turn up my radio as loud as it will go and pretend it's not telling me "you're a bad adult."