Things I'll Miss About Madison NJ

Things I'll Miss About Madison NJ

These spots will be hard to say goodbye to come August.

767
Things I'll Miss About Madison NJ

I've lived in the Rose City for the majority of my life. However, in middle school, I moved to a suburb in the midwest. My family missed Madison so much that we decided to move back right before I started high school. There's a sense of community here that's hard to find anywhere else. Since I'm leaving for college for the first time in a couple of weeks, it's easy to get overly sentimental about my hometown. Without further adieu, here are some things I'll miss!

1. Bagel Chateau

Bagel Chateau, lovingly dubbed "Bchat", is a Madison staple. Nothing beats a Jersey bagel. Yes, the bagel sandwiches are excellent, but it's really about the experience. Once you walk in, you're encompassed by the familiar aroma of coffee and bagels. Most kids have grown up going here. I have such an array of memories from this place, ranging from when I was little with my siblings to lunch with my friends my senior year. It's also very likely that I'll run into someone I know here, which is nice (most of the time).

2. Bottle Hill Day

Bottle Hill Day is typically held on the first Saturday of October in downtown Madison. Although it's cancelled this year due to COVID-19, usually the streets close and are filled with vendors, food trucks, games, live music, and more. It's such a fun day that marks the beginning of fall.

3. Walks around Giralda

I'm no runner, but it's nice to have paths close by. It's pretty walking around Giralda.

4. Stop and Shop

Weirdly enough, I'll actually miss Stop and Shop. Maybe it's because I've been going there for eternity and I know the aisles like the back of my hand, or maybe it's just because I'm going to miss Marty the robot.

5. Harding drives

It's technically not in Madison, but still the best way to unwind when there's nothing else to do. Sunsets at ~that rock~ hit different.

6. Late nights at Nautilus Diner

Similar to Bchat, the diner is all about the experience. And the disco fries.

7. Dodge Field

When I was little, I would go here after school every day. Now, I go once in a blue moon to shoot some hoops, but there's something about Dodge that has a special place in my heart.

8. The people

The last thing is definitely what I'm going to miss the most. Every town has their own faults, Madison included, but I truly think it is a special place. If you look past the occasional drama on the Madison Area Facebook page, the community here is what makes this town so special. Our community comes together for many projects like FLAG and friendly faces are abundant. I'm proud to be a Dodger.

From Your Site Articles