6 One-Liners I Tell My Roommate On The Reg
College

6 One-Liners I Tell My Roommate On The Reg

Another year living with a college roommate.

3416
6 One-Liners I Tell My Roommate  On The Reg
Rachel Hardin

My roommate is hands down one of the best listeners because she sits there and takes in everything that I say no matter what. Sometimes it's positive and sometimes its pre-breakdown sad talk. But no matter what she, the hero that she is, saves the day with her super awesome listening skills. It also helps that she tells me when I happen to be overreacting, but 2% of the time I'm not.

"Do you want to drop out and go to Disneyland?" 

This is my go-to statement after a hard day. When you finally climb into bed after doing all your homework, and think of the better times, in the best place on the planet. The thoughts of the foods, smells, rides, and all around carefree-ness is always enticing.

"Do you know what I hate?"

If you are someone who knows me, you know that I don't like a lot of things... mostly homework, long classes, and testing. I understand and value each of those things respectively, but all in all, they make the day feel like years. Sometimes "Do you know what I hate?" is followed by a comment someone made that day, a teacher who broke their own rules, or something I deemed unfair.

"Moana, make way, make way" 

For some reason, Moana, my favorite Disney movie, is always stuck in my head.

Any fan of musicals, Disney and sometimes Pixar (thanks to the Toy Story movies) can relate with the random soundtracks coming out of your mouth at the weirdest times. For some reason it is only those lyrics that get stuck in my head, each, I mean every night before bed.

"I miss my mom."

My mom is my best friend, my better half, and also is very far away from me when I'm at school. When I don't get the chance to talk to her before I go to bed, I miss her, and thus, the "I miss my mom" talk.

My roommate gets this talk at least four times a week. Bless her soul she is a trooper. This talk ranges from a quick story, to on a bad night a possible cry session. It depends.

"Whose job was it to do _____?"

There is nothing more frustrating to me than when people don't follow through, and what is even worse is when they only follow through about halfway. I am always the first to call something out, never directly to the person, but in general. Thankfully my roommate provides me with a great venting system where I can tell her everything and then forget about it after a little bit.

"Why?!" 

My favorite question, the best question, and the answer to just about anything. Whether it is a whhhhyyyyy do I have to wake up so early, or a why is this so hard, she is always there and ready with the #1 answer.... because.

As a college student, the best thing that you can have is an awesome roommate who listens to you, but you have to make sure to listen to them when they need a good old fashion venting session. Roommates are known to be good secret keepers because they spend every day with you about 4 feet away at all times.

Tell your roommate that you love them and are thankful for all they do.