4 Things I Missed About College During Break

And why I’m so glad to be back.

32
https://www.pexels.com/photo/group-of-friends-hanging-out-933964/
Photo from Pexels

Ahhh the sweet relief of Winter break, no homework, no community bathrooms, and stress. You think the month will be full of relaxing times and sleeping till noon; which some of it is, but it's also filled with overbearing family members, boredom, and missing your college friends.

The food 

Okay, I'm not talking about the crappy cardboard that the university likes to call food. But around campus, there are so many amazing places to eat. Columbus specifically has Melt, North Market, Condados, and a ton of cute mom and pop restaurants.

Independence

Going home brings a flood of emotions: happiness. Nostalgia, comfort. It also brings the cold hard truth that you're under your parents' supervision once again. Some parents are chiller than others, but at the end of the day we all get the “where are you" text.

Exploring 

It all depends on where your hometown is. Mine happens to be in the middle of a cornfield and the only exploring we do is at Walmart. Living in a city has brought new adventures and endless opportunities to explore.

My bestie

Spending a month with my high school friends was great, but also made me realize how much I missed my college friends. You can talk to them about stuff your high school friends don’t get and vice versa