20 Things I Am Grateful For

20 Things I Am Grateful For

Gratitude is a small step in self-healing. It has helped me become more mindful and positive in times of hardship.

154

It's so easy to be overwhelmed when there is just so much going on. Sometimes, I forget how blessed I am. It is important to me to focus on gratitude every day because it keeps me positive and hopeful.

1. My sister, Annie

You are my sister by blood, but my best friend by choice. You are the funniest and the dumbest person I know.

2. My cat, Mochi

Mochi makes me happy with her dorky ways.

3. My other cat, Sushi

My sweet angel boy.

4. My therapist, Kerry

Thank you for helping me believe in myself again.

5. My dad

Thank you for being the incredible person you are, especially when mom passed.

6. My grandma

Thank you for keeping me in touch with my roots.

7. The sky

I'm glad the sky is so blue and filled with clouds

8. The air around me

Ya know, I'm just grateful to breathe sometimes.

9. My boyfriend

Thank you for making me laugh and keeping me company.

10. My friends

Thank you for supporting me and making me feel like I belong.

11. Eggs

I love eggs. There are so many different ways to make them whether you want them to be hard boiled, soft boiled, sunny side up, poached, or fried.

They just make me happy.

12. Purdue

Boiler Up! I am grateful to have the privilege to go to college to educate myself and learn who I am.

13. My kids

I am grateful for the funny things the kids at my work say. They really do brighten my day.

14. Asian food

I'm so glad I was raised with food from my culture. I am so grateful West Lafayette has so many fantastic Asian eateries.

15. My mom

Thank you for making me stronger and pushing me in my youth.

16. My brother

Harry is the funniest kid to be around.

17. My life

I am grateful to be alive, to be given the rare chance to be on this earth and maybe make an impact.

18. The progress I've made

I am happy with the progress I've made with my mental health journey. Looking back on a year ago, I was in a completely different part of my life. I have grown and learned a lot in the span of only one year.

19. The trees and animals outside

They remind me I'm not entirely alone in the world.

20. Naps

I love naps. It's such a good way to catch up with myself and relax.