The Best Things About Having Little Sisters

They're so much more than just annoying younger siblings
34

They say the best things in life come free to us, this is especially true when it comes to being blessed with little sisters. I can't imagine life without sisters and if yours are anything like mine, then they are also your best friends. I have been realizing lately how lucky I am to be the oldest and all of the wonderful things about having younger ones.

They look up to you

Having younger sisters that look up to you can really keep you in check. You want to set a good example for them. You don't want your little sisters to see you making stupid decisions and acting like an idiot, so they are a constant reminder to be the best version of yourself.

Giving them advice

Everything that you have been through (good and bad) finally pays off when your little sister comes to you for advice. You have so many experiences that you learned from all on your own, so being able to pass that down to your sister when she really needs you makes it all worth it.

They keep you young

They are always up to date on the newest trends, music, Netflix shows, etc. My younger sisters' closets are 10 times cooler than mine and they are always reminding me not to steal their clothes when I leave the house. Whenever I want to watch a new movie or need fashion advice they always know what to tell me.

They bring out your protective side

As the oldest, you want to protect your little sisters from any kind of harm or pain. When you see them upset you want to just make it stop and find whoever or whatever it was that made them upset in the first place. It is good to be reminded that we all have that protective instill over people we love and having younger siblings brings it out for the best.

You learn more from them than you realize

As much as you think they are learning from you, you are really the one learning from them. If you ask them a question, they will give the most brutally honest answer whether it is what you want to hear or now. They always have a different way of looking at any situation and it can be eye opening to realize how wise they really are.

They are your biggest fans

Little sisters are always excited to support and encourage you. They hate seeing you down and are always there to cheer you up. They are the ones sitting front row at every dance recital, sports game, or competition and never forget to tell you how awesome you are.

Unconditional Love

You can fight like cats and dogs but at the end of the day they love you unconditionally. There are no boundaries when it comes to sisters. That means saying whatever you need to say whenever you need to say it. It's the most unique relationship because as mad as you can get at each other you always make up and are laughing before you know it.