Things I hate about working for Subway

Things I hate about working for Subway

Subway, not your way

4096
Things I hate about working for Subway
www.abc7chicago.com

I have been working for Subway since February and while I am thankful that I have a job it is definitely trying at times. Sometimes I'm not really sure how I haven't had a customer complaint because I have a hard time working with the public sometimes. Some people I really believe just intentionally try to get under my skin.

1. When you can see me and proceed to yell to get my attention

If you see me and you make eye contact with me or see me coming please don't yell at me to come up there and serve you. Trust me I see you more than likely I'm washing dishes and I'm washing my hands and grabbing paper towels to dry them with.

2. Please don't ask for the white cheese

Subway has five different types of cheese four of those are white. So if you ask for the white kind more than likely I will ask you again "what type of cheese"

3. You can get a cup for ice but I will have to charge you full price

I'm sorry I can't just give you one of our cups for ice or for water I still have to charge you full price for the cup because that's what you are paying for is the cup.

4. Please don't tell me your whole order at once

If I come up and ask "how can I help you?" please don't proceed to tell me "Yes I'd like a foot-long Italian herbs and cheese, sweet onion chicken teriyaki with pepper jack cheese, toasted with lettuce, spinach, bell peppers, banana peppers, onions, cucumber, tomatoes, sweet onion sauce, salt and pepper, oil and vinegar. More than likely I won't remember what you said past what kind of cheese.

5. Please ask for tomatoes and cucumbers first

If you are going to get one or both cucumbers and tomatoes please tell me to put those on first because if they go on last I can't close your sandwich, I'm sorry.

6. Don't expect an easy to eat sandwich with everything on it

Even though I can close a sandwich with everything on it that doesn't mean it will be easy to eat, especially if you get two or more sauces on it. I'm sorry it's going to be messy there's nothing I can do about it

7. Yes you can build your own sandwich but it will be expensive

Essentially, you can put whatever meats you want on your sandwich but if it's a sandwich we don't have, I will have to charge you for whatever you add.

8. Yes prices went up, no its not because of the employees

I have had people ask me why prices went up and I'm sorry, but I don't know. I was just as shocked as you, and no it's not so the employees will be paid more. We still only get paid $7.25, it hasn't changed.

9. Even if you add one extra slice of cheese I still have to charge you

If you add only one extra slice of cheese I still have to charge you because it is considered extra. Again, I'm sorry.

10. If you come in 2 minutes to closing, I hate you

I think this is kind of self explanatory if you come in two minutes before closing I hate you because it adds to the work that I already have to do, especially if you order a salad.

11. I have other things to do besides making sandwiches

Usually when I work for the majority of my shift, I'm by myself and I have a whole list of things that I have to do on top of waiting on customers. So if you get frustrated because I am not standing behind the bar waiting on you immediately when you walk in, I'm sorry but I'm not there just to make your sandwiches.

12. Please don't cut me off when I'm speaking

That's just rude to do in general, but more often than not I will ask "Hi how may..." and the customer cuts me off. I am trying to be nice so please don't do that.

13. The tasks between shifts are really unbalanced

One shift barely has anything to do while opening and closing basically do everything.

14. My pay will never change

No matter how long I work for Subway or how well I do my job, my pay will never change. It will always be $7.25 unless I become a manager then I would get $8.25

While I'm thankful that I have a job, sometimes it can definitely try my patience.