Life Can Be Tough, But I Know That We're Tougher

So many things happen-in our daily lives, but everything happens for a reason.

29
Photo by Duy Pham on Unsplash

You know ever the saying, "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger"?

I always thought it to be cheesy. It always seemed like one of those sayings that companies threw on to motivational posters. However, I've recently learned the saying to be true. We all have our crosses to bear, as I like to say.

Our "crosses" are our struggles and upheavals - tests for us in my mind. I have a strong belief in the fact that everything happens for a reason, whether the reason is identifiable or not.

Our crosses make us stronger and closer to what we believe in through tough times and trials.

They shape us into the people we are and who we strive to be.

Today I sit in class reflecting on one of my friends who has been faced with a large obstacle in their life. I have been struggling to focus on the South Asian history that is being taught because I cannot help but think about the future that lies ahead for my friend. I can only think about the growth my friend will go experience.

The unmapped territory of this issue that my friend is facing will ultimately be the largest learning and growing gap for them. You may ask how I see this and have this type of insight and empathy. It is for no other reason than I have been through a similar situation myself. My crosses have given me the blessing and opportunity to be able to empathize with my friend on another level that others may not be able to.

Summing it up, our crosses make us stronger as the saying goes - yes. This is true.

Our crosses make others around us stronger, specifically those close to us. We are able to come together in hardships to grow closer, grow stronger, and be able to connect with someone on a deeper level. Without the hardships that we go through day to day, we would not be able to have this next level experience, we wouldn't be able to appreciate the good days on the bad ones.

Don't ever forget this. Don't forget that others have their own crosses to bear and that everything happens for a greater reason we may not see.