16 Things Guy/Girl BFF's Will Immediately Get As Told By "New Girl"

Nick and Jess have nothing on you guys.

85
tumblr

If you are a girl with a guy for a best friend then you know how much fun it can be. You have a guy to give you the realest dating advice and a guy that is always there for you no matter what. But having a dude as your BFF can bring along a lot of awkward convos from friends and family. There are a lot of things you will only know if you have a friendship like this including:

1. The awkwardness of going out to eat

Having to remind the server at least 4 times that you DO need your bill split. Like does it really look like we are on a date? We just spent the whole dinner talking about other girls and guys that we like.

2. Explaining your friendship to other people

"So are you guys talking or what?" "Well, have you ever thought about dating?" "Sometimes friends make the best couples." No, no, no and no.

3. Talking to them about your love life

They give you the realest (and sometimes the meanest) dating advice from their point of view. But it's a good thing because they tell you what you don't want to hear but you need to anyway.

4. Taking all of their advice the most serious

You know that they have your best interest in mind, and they aren't afraid to tell you if you are completely in the wrong.

5. Arguing about literally everything with them

You know how to push each others buttons very easily. So you do it and regret it because you know fighting isn't fun and that you couldn't live without them.

6. Being single at the same time as them

Being bitter together is something you know very well and being single frees up your time to sit around and do nothing together. You know, quality time.

7. Dealing with BF/GF jealousy

When you start dating someone they are probably super intimidated by how close you guys are.

8. Calling them in emergency situations

Or at least what you think is an emergency situation. If you need someone to bail you out of a bad date, you have them.

9. Or drunk calling them to pick you up

Because you know they are one of the only people who won't hate you for it in the morning.

10. Crying to them

You are definitely comfortable enough to cry to them and they are comfortable enough with you to accept it. Dealing with emotions is a part of friendship.

11. Being yourself around them

Hanging out with them is the best because you don't have to put on an act for anyone or try to act appropriate or fit in. They love you for who you are and that is what counts.

12. Teaming up with them in group situations

Your friend group is always in for treat when the two of you get together. You know how to have fun and you feed off of each others energy.

13. Making fun of each other

Let's be real, you know almost everything about them so it's hard to pass up an opportunity to laugh at their expense. But you know where the limits are and you know how much you love each other.

14. Being honest with each other

Like, brutally honest. They let you know when you are being a pain in the ass and you tell them when they are being annoying. It's good to keep each other in check.

15. Agreeing to end up together

You have probably made an agreement that if you are both single at age 40, you are getting married. And you plan to stick to it. Even if its just for tax purposes.

16. Always letting them know you appreciate them

You know that they would do anything for you and you know you would do anything for them. You are besties for the resties. You know that life can be sh*tty sometimes, but having a friend like this to lean on for life can help ease the weight.