Things I Found While Cleaning My Room

Things I Found While Cleaning My Room

My trash could also be my treasure.

1652
Things I Found While Cleaning My Room
Google

I’m probably one of the messiest people on this planet. I can keep my agenda organized and anything that is related to schoolwork, but when it comes to my room, my closet or anything else, it is a disaster. I finally decided to clean out my room for the first time in six months or so. Honestly, the only reason why I cleaned out my room was because my dad said he would start throwing my stuff on the lawn if I didn’t. After cleaning out my room, I felt like a new person. I could actually see my floor and could walk to my bed without tripping over shoes or something. I ended up finding some pretty awesome things throughout this process and I thought I would share them with you all.

1. Old school projects

I found my autobiography project for Dr. Seuss underneath my bed from the fourth grade and became really nostalgic while going through it. Seeing what my handwriting used to look like and my old drawings just put me right back in the past, wishing I was still that young.

2. Posters of celebrities past

Vanessa Hudgens, Chris Brown, Miley Cyrus - you name the person and I had a poster of him or her. I used to buy tons of magazines simply to get the posters inside to cover my walls. What a waste of money.

3. Hit Clips

This was definitely the best thing I discovered while cleaning my room. Hit Clips were the coolest back in the third grade. I remember my classmates and I used to listen to our Hit Clips during snack time. I don’t know why I was allowed to have Shaggy on my Hit Clip, but I found that, too.

4. School awards

I’ve been asking my parents for years if we could put my school awards on the wall in my room, but only have about half of them up there as of now. I found my varsity sports letters, Spanish class awards, etc. in a folder under my dresser. Hopefully those will be up soon!

5. My diploma

Why isn’t this in a safe place? Beats me. Looks like I didn’t care about graduating that much back in 2012. Mom took the diploma and put it on a side table in the living room to put on display.

6. Birthday cards

I love reading through old birthday cards, especially when I find ones from relatives that have passed away. I found cards from my 18th birthday… that was four years ago!

7. 8th grade class picture

This one made me laugh uncontrollably. Seeing what I and my classmates looked like over seven years ago was great. I honestly forgot about several of my old classmates because they didn’t go to my high school, but the picture allowed me to remember them.

8. My Nana’s death certificate

My Nana has been dead for over fifteen years now, so I couldn’t believe that I found her death certificate in my dresser. I became really sad because I really do miss my Nana, but it allowed me to reflect on the awesome six years I had with her.

9. Unused school supplies

I spend so much money on school supplies every year to not use even half of them. I’m pretty broke right now, so I’m definitely going to use the supplies I found for the upcoming semester.

10. Aaron Carter CD

This was my first CD! I couldn’t believe that I still had it because no one really listens to CDs anymore. Of course I saved it—Aaron was major eye candy back in the day!

11. Mickey Mouse ears

These Mickey ears were from when I was five and I smiled from cheek to cheek when I saw them. I had such fun in Disney when I was a kid and I’ll never get rid of these ears because they’re a vital souvenir from any trip to Disney.