21 Essentials For The Perfect 21st Birthday

Do these 21 things and have the best birthday of your life!

514
pixabay

Your 21st birthday is something you always look forward to. It's a birthday to remember, no regrets! Here are 21 essential aspects to your 21st birthday.

1. Uber App

First and foremost, download the uber app before you even think about going out. I started with this one because it is super important not to drink and drive. A DUI is not worth one night of fun, even if it is your 21st. Sometimes, when you go out drinking you think you're invincible, but you aren't--always remember safety is the most important thing.

2. Pop champagne

You know what they say, " you can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning."

3. Full stomach

Before going out for a night of drinking, especially to celebrate your 21st, you want to eat several full meals throughout the day. Odds are you will not eat once you start drinking, so having a full stomach prior will ultimately help you from getting too drunk too fast.

4. Lots of water

I cannot stress enough how important water is prior to a night of drinking and even while you're drinking. Drink one bottle of water for every drink you take, it will reduce the chances of a headache and a hangover the next day.

5. Ibuprofen

Before the night is over, the next morning--take some ibuprofen! Hangover headaches are the worst and if you take it before it even gets bad you will be so much better off.

6. Friends

friends drinking

Live it up with the people that mean the most to you (and who will hold your hair if need be).

7. Birthday sign

Everyone wants everyone to know it's their birthday! The best part of your 21st is the sign your best friend makes for you--it will most likely be a symbol that reminds people of you, whether it be your favorite drink, your favorite flower or just include your favorite colors. It will have all these "tasks" you are to finish by the end of the night, like some of the ones included on this list even.

8. Red solo cup

Whether it be a wine glass, a frosted mug, a champagne flute, a shot glass or a koozie for your beer--the perfect cup for your drink of choice is a must.

9. Dress to the nines

Pick out a picture perfect outfit! You want to look your best because of all the photos that will be taken of you throughout the night.

10. Get a picture of being ID'd for the first time.

You can be served alcohol for the first time! A milestone you want to remember--the first time your being ID'd as a legal drinker.

11. Pics or it didn't happen

You want to remember your night so make sure one of your friends is in charge of taking your picture all night! You want to remember your night so the more pictures the better!

12. Make a toast

You made it--you can drink, legally. 21 years--toast to your amazing life!

13. Get your parents to buy you a drink

Drink with the people who helped you get to 21.

14. Have the whole bar sing 'Happy Birthday' to you.

Don't be embarrassed, this will let everyone know it's your birthday and they should all sing to you! You deserve it! You'll probably get a few free drinks out of it!

15. Collect 21 things

The bar is bound to be packed so this one should be a breeze. Go around the bar and ask for 1 item from each person! It can be anything and you'll meet lots of new people!

16. Take a shot without using your hands

This is just fun--this may sound easy, but it is super difficult to take a shot without your hands. Even if you can't really do it, just try because the worst that's going to happen is alcohol being all over you, which is probably going to happen either way.

17. Chug for 21 seconds

If you get 'ICED' this might be an easier challenge, but 21 seconds is a long time to chug a drink especially since it's alcohol. I will say, know your limits when you drink fast, you will get drunker faster.

18. Dance the night away

All night long, let loose and have fun. And if it's on the bar, just be careful!

19. Do karaoke

Sing your favorite song for the whole bar! Make a fool of yourself, you only turn 21 once and you should definitely try something you normally wouldn't do.

20. Barf bag and/or trash can.

Because let's face it, you're going to throw up at some point, or at least that is your friends' goal. Not to mention, it's better to throw up that night then wake up with a terrible hangover.

21. Limit your responsibilities for the next day

Because let's face it - if you can remember your whole night you didn't do it right.

Have fun, live it up - make memories. You're Twenty-Fun!