20 Little Things That Go A Long Way To Building A Better You

A step-by-step guide on how to have better, more successful days.

223
Daniella Masrour

Being a college student, simple tasks we used to find so easy have suddenly become strenuous activities. Let's face it, we're always exhausted and some days it's hard to stop yourself from curling into a ball and watching Netflix all day. By no means is it easy to do everything you're about to read, but once you do act on them, you really feel ultimate satisfaction.

Disclaimer: this list is cheesy as heck!

1. Wake up right when your alarm goes off

2. Make to-do lists every morning for what you want to accomplish that day

3. Eat breakfast!

4. If you don't have anywhere to be in the morning, squeeze a workout in before starting your day

5. Go out looking like your best self

6. Plan at least one meal a day that you can look forward to

7. Call your mom and be nice to her

8. Tell someone about your day

Giphy Discover & share this South Park GIF with everyone you know. GIPHY is how you search, share, discover, and create GIFs.

9. If you're feeling overwhelmed, make a calendar of every thing going on in your life - not just the "important" stuff

10. Don't go in your bed unless you are going to sleep (naps are okay)

11. Find a place to study that makes it seem a little less dreadful

Homework Studying GIF - Find & Share on GIPHYGiphy Discover & share this Homework GIF with everyone you know. GIPHY is how you search, share, discover, and create GIFs.

12. Finish your meals off with a small but fulfilling dessert :)

13. Always carry around a full water bottle and set goals to drink a certain amount per day

14. Get a moisturizer that makes you feel like a new person when you apply it

15. FaceTime a friend! (everyone needs a little study break)

16. Start paying attention to the 'screen time' feature on your phone and set goals to minimize it

17. Close the snack drawer if you're just eating out of boredom

18. Say hi to people you know when you walk past them - ignoring isn't cool

19. Write a journal entry if you're feeling overwhelmed or emotional before going to bed

20. Go to bed at a *reasonable* hour - you'll be way less grumpy the next morning