Things I Don't Tell You Enough, Mom

Things I Don't Tell You Enough, Mom

Warning: this will probably make you cry.

35
Things I Don't Tell You Enough, Mom
Jessica Harper

If there is any such thing as super heroes, you must have been hiding your cape all along because you're definitely one of them. You live such a selfless life, and your giving soul never stops. You deserve the world, mom, you truly do. There is no way I can possibly measure up to all you have done for myself, our family, and others in the community... but I hope someday, I can give you everything you so much deserve.

Thank you for always being my number one fan. Even if it meant going over 24 hours without sleep, you were always there to support me in anything I was ever a part of.

Thank you for always pushing me to be the best "me" I can be. You've shown me what it means to work hard and earn everything I have, and you've helped me every step of the way. When I'm wrong, you're always the the first to tell me, but you still have my back no matter what. From day one, you've believed in any dream I've ever had, no matter how crazy or out of reach others may think it is. Having a mom like you has seriously been nothing short of a blessing, and because of you, I love myself and the world a heck of a lot more.

I look forward to the texts you send me telling me "sweet dreams and jelly beans" each night before I go to bed, and there's nothing I cherish more than the days we get to spend catching up on life and laughing to the point we snort.

No matter where I go after graduation, please don't be sad. It is because of you that I have the courage to chase my dreams. No amount of miles will ever come between all that we have. You will always be my absolute best friend, and the offer is always open if you want to just move in with me.

I love you, mama, and happy birthday- you don't look a day over 25.