Is it your first year at App State or just your first year living in Boone? Here are 10 things you have to do before your first year is over.
1. Tailgating and attending an Appalachian State football game
There's nothing like cracking a cold one with the boys on a good fall day in the mountains. Then going to see the best football team in North Carolina play the not so good teams from everywhere else. Go 'Neers, Drink Beers.
2. Take a picture at Rough Ridge
The most iconic spot on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Freak out your parents by posting a picture on the rock that seems to hang above 600 feet or more when in reality you would probably survive the fall.
3. Spray Paint in the Expression Tunnels
Get your friends and spray paint anything you need to express yourself, just please, no more racist stuff. Everyone in Boone is over it and it's not funny. However, Dicks Out For Harambe was pretty good.
4. Go to Appalachian Mountain Brewery
5. View the fall colors from the Blue Ridge Parkway
Take in all the beauty of fall by taking a drive down the parkway and stopping off on any of the overlooks. But be aware of all the tourists that also enjoy all the fall colors and come to see them also.
6. Go snowboarding at App Ski on College NightGiphy
7. Take a group fitness class at URECGiphy
Campus can be an exercise all in itself if you walk around enough, but why not take a fitness class to really get your summer bod ready? Join in with the group and make some friends!
8. Go swimming in the mall parking lotGiphy
When hurricanes come through or just awful rain be prepared to expect flooding in Boone mall's parking lot. Grab your floaties, tubes, and kayaks to get ready for a pool party in the parking lot.
9. Take a picture with Yosef
Of course you have to try and get a picture with Yosef the most manly of all the mountain men! Wear his hat, give him a high five and a hug then snap the perfect fire shot for the gram. But be sure to tag him in it.
10. Pull an all nighter in the libraryGiphy
Everyone has to do this at least once. Are you even a procrastinator if you don't end up pulling an all-nighter? Probably not. So bring some snacks and coffee and camp out on whichever floor you seem to favor.
So if you're a new student, transfer student, or just visiting here in the high country be sure to try at least one of these. You never know what you might find!
Another ADHD Student
- Odyssey Community at Appalachian State University ›
- 6 Things You Didn't Expect From Going To App State ›
- Things To Do in Boone, North Carolina | SmarterTravel ›
- Things To Do In Boone NC - Daniel Boone Restaurant NC ›
- Rainy Day Fun - Blowing Rock, North Carolina ›
- Calendar of Events for Boone NC, Blowing Rock, Valle Crucis ... ›
- Things To Do In Boone - Deals on Activities in Boone, NC | Groupon ›
- Things to Do in Boone, NC | Boone Area Activities ›
- 25 Best Things to Do in Boone, North Carolina ›
- Attractions in Boone NC | Things to Do in Watauga ›
- THE 15 BEST Things to Do in Boone - 2018 (with Photos) - TripAdvisor ›